Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onyxraven

neutrogena extra gentle cleanser

i started the CSR the other day and while I know it's way too soon to be making any sort of analysis, my skin seems to have gotten more congested (nothing raised, just a lot more clogged pores). i think it might be the cleanser because i feel like my face isn't getting clean when i use it (it's lotion-like and doesn't lather). has anyone had experience with this cleanser?

Never used it, but I highly recommend the Purpose Gentle Cleanser (liquid/pump). It's very light, foams well, and rinses clean. If you wear makeup it removes that very well too.

The ingrediants seem to be ok. It's not oil free, but the oil in it generally isn't comedogenic. The only thing I can think of is that if you have oily skin, it may be too gentle. I had to stop using cetaphil for that reason. Purpose is good, though the bar is known to be a little drying. I also like the kiss my face products if you have some place that carries them. They are ph balanced so they cleanse without drying.

i love it i been using it from the start(on about week 3 now). i read a few reviews of people saying blah blah blah about it, so i switched to a bar. but it dried my face out so bad, so now im back to using neutrogena again and i wont change. im almost clear now too. havent seen pus in a few days :D:D:D

I'm using it and I love it.

I beleive this is the gentlest possible cleanser on the market (more gentle than Dans).

Though if you have oily skin, this isn't the best one for you - try Purpose.

another question: since i have two cleansers now (aveeno and neutrogena), is it ok to use one at night and one in the morning (the neutrogena gentle in the morning and the aveeno at night to remove make-up)?

i started the CSR the other day and while I know it's way too soon to be making any sort of analysis, my skin seems to have gotten more congested (nothing raised, just a lot more clogged pores). i think it might be the cleanser because i feel like my face isn't getting clean when i use it (it's lotion-like and doesn't lather). has anyone had experience with this cleanser?

Those gentle non-lathering cleansers seem to be more well-suited toward dry sensitive skin types. If your skin is oily and/or you wear makeup, it probably isn't getting you clean and very likely leaving a residue of cleanser/oil/ and makeup on your skin.

You can consider a better cleanser, one that lathers, such as Purpose bar or Purpose Gentle Wash, or Dan's CSR cleanser.