Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EricB

Lidocaine Anesthetic Cream

Hey I'm having fraxel done on wednesday and they gave me this lidocaine anesthetic cream to apply a couple hours before my fraxel. It looks really greasy and I really don't want it to give me a break out! Has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

Thanks!

Eric

Hey I'm having fraxel done on wednesday and they gave me this lidocaine anesthetic cream to apply a couple hours before my fraxel. It looks really greasy and I really don't want it to give me a break out! Has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

Thanks!

Eric

The doc's assistant applies the numbing cream after I get to their office. It's a white creamy concoction. After she puts it on, she puts some plastic wrap across my forehead, cheeks and chin. The stuff they use has multiple "caines" in it, not just lidocaine. The first time, my eyes watered for half an hour (fumes, maybe? dunno) and this time my cheeks were stinging when I washed it off. The assistant said she's not using this same cream next time because I seem to be having problems with it. She said they have an alternative but it isn't as strong.

After it is on my skin for an hour, the whiteness is gone and there's a greasy substance left on my skin which I wash off before the blue dye is applied.

After treatment, I wash the blue dye off as best I can with the dawn dishwashing liquid. They give me some moisturizer and some sunscreen to apply. It's over an hour home (first time, we hit afternoon rush hour and it took over two hours). I take a cooler with bottles of ice water and clean face towels, and I apply these to my face repeatedly on the way home (husband drives). So none of the stuff they give me stays on my skin for an extended period of time, really.

None of this stuff has caused me to break out....yet.

Thanks!

Eric

My doctor gave me lidocaine to apply at home before I came in for my Fraxel treatments. It was very greasy looking, and it was embarassing walking in with it on, but I never broke out from it. I have sensitive skin and had no problem, so hopefully you won't either!

cool, thats exaclty what my derm did so i wouldnt have to waste time sittin in the office or something... yea it looks really greasy!!