Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spottystarlet

are you black and hyperpigmented?

i am now almost clear thanks to doxy but i am plagued by dark marks left by my acne. they are everywhere and i havent found anything that really works.

on this site there is so much on red marks but as a black person, i dont have a problem with that - i have dark marks which i guess will have to be treated diferently from red marks.

so if you are black or dark skinned and have dark marks could you share whats worked best for you cos i hate them and i know they fade but they take a long time..and i am attending a wedding in Jan of 2007 and i have to wear a strapless dress!

thanx.

I'm in the same boat. Basically I have them and I don't see them ever fading. So what i am doing now is rigorious treatment in order to prevent new spots. Also I don't pick or touch my face in order to avoid marks that STAY and scar permanently dark.

I'm in the same boat. Basically I have them and I don't see them ever fading.

that sounds so negative! pls dont think like that..they will go away but they just take their time..if they didnt fade i would have had dark marks all over!

and you are so right about treating actve spots cos i left mine with the hope that i would outgrow it but that never happened and that really contributed to the way my skin is now

Exactly I did the exact same thing. I had a liason of acne on my forehead and my skin there is marked with all different kinds of pigmentation. Sorry that you had to hear the negativity but I think it's being realistic. I still have some brown marks on my feet from when I cut myself when i was around seven which is 10 years ago.

Exactly I did the exact same thing. I had a liason of acne on my forehead and my skin there is marked with all different kinds of pigmentation. Sorry that you had to hear the negativity but I think it's being realistic. I still have some brown marks on my feet from when I cut myself when i was around seven which is 10 years ago.

Have you treated the brown marks ?

dark marks fade.. it took about a year for mine to and then i had the best time of my life, people were complimenting me on my skin and i just looked better.. and then my face went to crap again for about 7 months (beginning in january). i used csr and between months 4 and 7 i began seeing improvement.. now its 9 months almost 10 month later and my skin hasn't been this healthy EVER.. my complexion on the other hand requires a lot of patience and work..

i am using kojic acid and gycolic acid to treat my skin. gycolic acid is supposed to be effective with red marks and kojic acid is supposed to effective with PIH (dark marks).. so i figure i'd cover all the bases since i am asian and sometimes i think i have red marks and some times brown marks.

Yep,I am black and I too have hyperpigmented spots.

Like fthea, I just started using kojic and glycolic acid together about 2 days ago. I am starting to notice slight changes,but I can't be too sure yet. I am hoping and praying this mixture will work,because I'm SICK of dealing with dark spots and having to be a dude and putting on concealer to hide 'em. :/

well my approach to hyperpigmentation is a bit more simple. i just steam and exfoliate twice a day. i got pretty fast results. i had an extremely black spot on my face in june and now its almost gone. and also ive noticed that if somehow i do get a new mark they arent as dark as before. instead they are light brown. i really think exfoliation is the key.

Yep,I am black and I too have hyperpigmented spots.

Like fthea, I just started using kojic and glycolic acid together about 2 days ago. I am starting to notice slight changes,but I can't be too sure yet. I am hoping and praying this mixture will work,because I'm SICK of dealing with dark spots and having to be a dude and putting on concealer to hide 'em. :/

its such a pain these dark spots!!!!

i feel for guys cos i cant go out without makeup unless im sure no one will see me or im going for my exercise class but you cant have makeup all the time.

im considering hydroquinone as my last resort though im not sure if i can getting in the UK (i think its illegal) but before that i might just give kojic acid a trial run..pls keep informed on your progress with it