Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dozer

moisturizer for chest?

i have been using the CSR method for chest and shoulders for quite some time now. i just recently introduced a moisturizer with AHA to the program. i thought it would help with the itchy and dry skin BP sometimes gives me. and exfoliation is an added bonus, or so i thought. it seems that i am getting a lot of clogged pores. i know that AHA is supposed to slough off dead skin layers, is it just revealing the clogged pores that were already there or should i lay off and see what happens? i don't want to screw up if this product is actually doing some good by purging my skin. it is the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion and i have been using it for about 5 or 6 weeks. is that long enough or should i stick with it? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

dozer

Hello

I would say switch if it has been 5/6 weeks and you aren't liking the results. I think that's enough time for your body to get used to the new product. I recommend cetaphil mosturizer. I looove cetaphil products. I have been using the cetaphil oily skin cleanser for a verrry long time and I don't think that I will ever switch. The mosturizer is oil free, non-comedogenic (spelling?)--meaning that it won't clog pores..it took me forever to find a lotion that said on the bottle that it doesn't clog pores. It is very light weight but moisturizes really well. I swear I don't work for them..haha but it totally does work. try it and let me know what you think. good luck!

well, here's the update. it seems to actually be working. i guess it just took some time for my skin to adjust to this new step. i am almost completely free of clogged pores. if i can just stop messing with them and let them go away on their own, if i squeeze them they stay red and puffy for days. but it is looking good so far. i tried using the BHA cream everday but it was too much and i rashed out. hell, maybe i am alergic to it, who knows. if i have learned one thing from this sight, it is that your skin takes a while to respond to certain treatments. but thanks for the responses, i will keep everyone updated on my progress. if i ever replace my broken camera, i will post some pics.

dozer