Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spottystarlet

Life after doxy

i am on doxy and its worked wonders (thank God!) but i am so scared that if i stop i will break out again cos this happened to me when i took minocycline about 6 years ago.

if you have taken doxy (or any other tetracycline) and stopped could you share with me how long you were on it, how long you were clear afterwards and if you eventually went on accutane (cos i feel this will have to be the next step for me)

thanks!

i am on doxy and its worked wonders (thank God!) but i am so scared that if i stop i will break out again cos this happened to me when i took minocycline about 6 years ago.

if you have taken doxy (or any other tetracycline) and stopped could you share with me how long you were on it, how long you were clear afterwards and if you eventually went on accutane (cos i feel this will have to be the next step for me)

thanks!

hey

i was on oxytetacycline for 2 years, first yr was pretty good just the usual monthly breakout, gradually started getting worse and so after 2 years i thought id just become' immune' to its effects. however found out when i stopped that that proably wasnt the case because i had a real nasty breakout. just recovering form it now with lyecycline. fun stuff huh!

Guest Michael Jackson

has been okay, but i broke out, going back on another one

well to answer my original question...life after doxy for me was acne!!!

i sensed it would happen and sure enough it did. the first few months on doxy were good but then all of a sudden it just stopped working and my acne came back with a vengance (is that the right spelling? :think:) anyway..i erupted everywhere face, chest, back, arms and i got really low so i went to my gp, got referred to a derm and now i am on roaccutane. you can check out my

so i guess antibiotics arent for everyone. some advice - dont struggle with antibiotics if its not controlling your acne there are so many other options like dianette, isotrexin, roaccutane etc. and i think antibiotics are a short-term solution. i think the aim is to reduce the bacteria until you grow out of acne, which is unlikely if you have a family history of people having acne till late adulthood. and another prob with antibiotics is the resistance the bacteria develops.

saying that though i have seen people that clear up great on antibiotics. so i would suggest that you give it a go but if it doesnt work move on and move on fast before you get left with dark areas, red marks or scars (trust me.they aint pretty)

hope this helps someone out there x

well to answer my original question...life after doxy for me was acne!!!

i sensed it would happen and sure enough it did. the first few months on doxy were good but then all of a sudden it just stopped working and my acne came back with a vengance (is that the right spelling? :think:) anyway..i erupted everywhere face, chest, back, arms and i got really low so i went to my gp, got referred to a derm and now i am on roaccutane. you can check out my

so i guess antibiotics arent for everyone. some advice - dont struggle with antibiotics if its not controlling your acne there are so many other options like dianette, isotrexin, roaccutane etc. and i think antibiotics are a short-term solution. i think the aim is to reduce the bacteria until you grow out of acne, which is unlikely if you have a family history of people having acne till late adulthood. and another prob with antibiotics is the resistance the bacteria develops.

saying that though i have seen people that clear up great on antibiotics. so i would suggest that you give it a go but if it doesnt work move on and move on fast before you get left with dark areas, red marks or scars (trust me.they aint pretty)

hope this helps someone out there x