Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonsey 01

Any anti-inflammatory tips?

I get a cyst every month or two. It comes and goes, but before it goes it comes back once more. I've got a nice one on the right cheek next to my nose. It looks great at the office and, although I always kind of wondered what the elephant man felt like, I think I've had enough at this point. It's been just shy of three weeks now that I've suffered this grueling reaction on my face...after a clusterfuck of open comedones raised up their arms in unison over the course of two weeks, someone finally ruptured their follicle shaft (that was monday) and now the smoke has cleared and I'm repairing the damages. Been taking ibuprofen but that has hardly a noticable effect. use BP and moisturizer at night and just moisturizer during the day. The 'hanging my sunglasses on the end of my nose during my commute to and from work' routine is getting old - fast. I'm thinking about wearing a giant fruit basket on my head to draw the attention away from my skin. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

(I retract the elephant man analogy...i dont think anyone with acne even comes close to his physical state of well-being. at least i dont. bless his soul)