Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MCA

Chocolat or not ????

Hi,

Im forcing myself not to eat chocolat, fact : the acne is still there, when I eat chocolat sometimes I saw my acne going worser(but it's a few days later)...

Is chocolat worse for acne or is it just in my head ?

Some links would be appreciate.

My doctor told me our diet has nothing to do with acne, but I disagree. Supposedly choclate doesn't make acne worse, which for me it doesn't. But I think it depends on the individual. For me when I have coffee, my face shows it within a few days. When I drink nothing but water and no coffee, my clears up alot. Try going without choclate for a while and see what it does for you. I gave up coffee and it was hard, but its a small price to pay for cleaer skin.

kittygrl

I also think chocolate in particular breaks me out. I caught myself eating a chocolate chip cookie today, and spit it out in the sink - NO JOKE.

Everybody's body is diffrent, so it's only right to assume some peoples bodies will react diffrently than others - I know the majority of food and crap I eat has nothing to do with it, however if I drink too much coffee I notice I'm starting to break out so I aviod it now... well try O:)

If you think it's a cuase then don't eat chocolate.

I forgot every1 on here has had 5 years of medical training, w8, you havent! so dont start questioning wot the doc tells u, he knows wots bests regardless of wot u may think. they didnt spend 5 years in medical school to learn fiction. might i remind u that they go to a meeting every 3 months to learn about new developments.

Fact is, no foods cause acne what so ever, ofcourse you may have a particular intolerance for a certain type of food, but in general, there is no connection. I went on a non gluten, non milk diet for 3 months and got no improvement, in fact im back eating normally now and my skins as good as its ever been.

I forgot every1 on here has had 5 years of medical training, w8, you havent! so dont start questioning wot the doc tells u, he knows wots bests regardless of wot u may think. they didnt spend 5 years in medical school to learn fiction. might i remind u that they go to a meeting every 3 months to learn about new developments.  

Fact is, no foods cause acne what so ever, ofcourse you may have a particular intolerance for a certain type of food, but in general, there is no connection. I went on a non gluten, non milk diet for 3 months and got no improvement, in fact im back eating normally now and my skins as good as its ever been.

i dont even question if docters are right if they say there is no connection between acne and what you eat. There is a connection i am 100% sure of it. A docter spends 5 years learning maybe something about 1000 diseases and cures to it. I spend 6 years concentrating on how to cure or lessen the effects of acne. So do a lot of other people here, if you have had severe acne then you spend soooo much time thinking what causes it. Looking for relations between breakouts and what you eat all the time.

I know for sure that if i eat fat things, i have a larger chance to break out more, i dont have that with alcohol. When i eat something with suger in it, i break out more too, but not as much as with fat. Maybe this is different for everyone, but for me at least it does matter 100% what i eat.

btw my docter also told me to go easy on some types of food. Maybe Dutch medical education is different from american.