Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HKS

Perricone Prescription

Guest HKS

I've bought the book and have read it thoroughly and am ready to embark on the plan. What are othes experiences of the diet, has it helped anyone with their skin?

I've bought the book and have read it thoroughly and am ready to embark on the plan. What are othes experiences of the diet, has it helped anyone with their skin?

i also bought perricone's skin clear precription book a year ago but i never really followed it on a long-term basis but i am following the same set of diet principles.

diet? not only does it help with skin, but with the overall health as well.

to mention one, Independent Thinker's green smoothies keep her skin clear. :)

hey keep us updated on your regimen. good luck! :)

Look him up on quackwatch. It's interesting.

and oh yeah i remember, it's the overpriced topicals that he sells and tells people to use that discouraged me to stick to his program. i like the ideas/tips on diet & exercise, though.

and oh yeah i remember, it's the overpriced topicals that he sells and tells people to use that discouraged me to stick to his program. i like the ideas/tips on diet & exercise, though.

I could never stick to the exercise. I used to work in a gym. Still bitter about that. The diet was tough to adhere to strictly for me as well. Though, I do have salmon every single day and have tried to eat more of what he claims is good and less of what he claims is bad. But only when I can find at least 3 other sources confirming his claims.

Oh it is look like book

Gorgeous Skin In 30 Days

By Erica Angyal

Diet , Meditation , Yoga , Bad Foods list etc..

yep those things plus, again, the overpriced perricone's topical products.

I checked out his book once and was very surprised at how expensive all his products were... should it be necessary to spend all that money on supplements for clear skin? I was desperate to get my skin back under control though before it got out of hand... luckily, before I bought his stuff, I very soon after discovered green smoothies: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108917. Before you spend a bunch of money on supplements and skin topicals, I would try 4 cups a day of the green smoothies for about 6 weeks and see if your acne doesn't disappear. Greens are amazing for skin - full of Vitamin A (the safe kind!), Vitamin K, etc. I'd much rather rely on food for clear skin than supplements. Whichever you chose, good luck to you!! :)

Guest HKS

Yeh i agree his products are way overpriced! I never really intended to use his line of topicals.

Anyway I'm going to begin the diet tommorow and will update on my progress, despite what the skeptics say the foods he recommends are very healthy and are all low G.I so I'm not too bothered about sites that criticise the plan.

Answer me - He recommend other topicals that can be used other than his own line.

Kitty - Do you think eating salmon has made a difference to your skin?

Melfice - I'm gona go to the library tommorow will look into that book

Independent thinker - I tried making a green smoothie a while back, it came out so thick!! I could swallow it without chewing it lol. I used spinach, water, bananas and some kale.

Yeh i agree his products are way overpriced! I never really intended to use his line of topicals.

Anyway I'm going to begin the diet tommorow and will update on my progress, despite what the skeptics say the foods he recommends are very healthy and are all low G.I so I'm not too bothered about sites that criticise the plan.

Answer me - He recommend other topicals that can be used other than his own line.

Independent thinker - I tried making a green smoothie a while back, it came out so thick!! I could swallow it without chewing it lol. I used spinach, water, bananas and some kale.

he did? woops...missed that. haha i havent really finished reading the book...so where are you gonna get your topicals?

about the book melfice was talking about...i think it's an ebook. anyway lets wait till he logs in. :D

try adding more water to the smoothie. if it loses taste, add honey (a tablespoon or to taste). i also like adding coconut oil. :D

check out IndependentThinker's thread for recipes. let us know if you're planning to make a new thread for your log under the log section of the site. :)

Guest HKS

I'm not too fussed about what I use at the moment, I'm really concerned about cleaning up my diet and healing from within. I'll probably update my progress here, as I dont think I'll have time to keep a log. Have you tried the plan?

I'm not too fussed about what I use at the moment, I'm really concerned about cleaning up my diet and healing from within. I'll probably update my progress here, as I dont think I'll have time to keep a log. Have you tried the plan?

i think i customized mine. i found it too much to eat and kinda expensive. i opted for wai's diet (mainly fruits, veggie salad, olive oil, egg yolks, nuts, tuna sashimi, no topicals) at that time, which i did for two weeks. i didnt do the yoga regularly, just a few times a week. with that plan, my body acne cleared up but my face hadnt had much improvement.

I have the book too. The foods he recommends are all antioxidents, which are anti aging. Some may not be good for acne. I puke at the thought of Salmon for brekkie. Yuk.

His products are overpriced, used them for years, found ones alike a bit cheaper, now get ID'd. (like liqour stores etc.)

Look for similar products with the same ingredients, if you can't afford them. I can and have found better ones and for me it is not about the money. But his have been good!!!!!!!

Like I said I used them for years. And I am picky.

I have the book too. The foods he recommends are all antioxidents, which are anti aging. Some may not be good for acne. I puke at the thought of Salmon for brekkie. Yuk.

His products are overpriced, used them for years, found ones alike a bit cheaper, now get ID'd. (like liqour stores etc.)

Look for similar products with the same ingredients, if you can't afford them. I can and have found better ones and for me it is not about the money. But his have been good!!!!!!!

hi there jodie! which ingredients did you particularly look for? i've never tried any topical ALA and DMAE but i want to. where do you get your products?

hi there jodie! which ingredients did you particularly look for? i've never tried any topical ALA and DMAE but i want to. where do you get your products?

Ones with Alphalipoic Acid, DMAE, and C in them

I get them from a Derm, or Plas. Surg.

I have trouble getting DMAE into Canada, Customs opens my packages.

Perricone claims Ester C works better, but I find and have heard, from Derms. the opposite.

If your in the U.S. you can order them on the net. I find the ones from health food stores do not have the higher levels in their creams.

The kale might have been what made it too thick - if you try it again, be sure you don't use the stems of the kale - otherwise, it'll be waaaay too much fiber. I know this from experience. I made a really nasty smoothie once with Kale. haha Eeew. Maybe add a bit more water.

I think it helps with the dryness. And I think it makes my skin (for lack of a better word) more durable. I don't look like a boiled lobster after I wash my face. Dryness on my face wasn't an issue until after I started using bp. It's still a bit of an issue but not as much. I figured the decrease in flakiness was just evidence of my skin adapting. But my elbows and knees aren't as dry either. And I've been using the same body wash and lotion for years.

I think it helps with the dryness. And I think it makes my skin (for lack of a better word) more durable. I don't look like a boiled lobster after I wash my face. Dryness on my face wasn't an issue until after I started using bp. It's still a bit of an issue but not as much. I figured the decrease in flakiness was just evidence of my skin adapting. But my elbows and knees aren't as dry either. And I've been using the same body wash and lotion for years.

The foods? Or his creams? Which ones are you using??

Guest HKS

How long has she been using it, how does it make her skin feel?