Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wibble

Taking fat and accutane...

Hiya all, just wondering for those who know a bit about nutrition etc and how its digested. I normally take accutane when I've eaten some food with fats such as cheese etc to help absorption as it says. Just wondering, does it matter what type of fat it is, i.e will the fats in nuts likely absorb it just as well?

Just going to try and cut dairy stuff out, and wanted to make sure I'm still taking the right stuff when munching the accutane and get confused with the different types of fats out there.

Hiya all, just wondering for those who know a bit about nutrition etc and how its digested. I normally take accutane when I've eaten some food with fats such as cheese etc to help absorption as it says. Just wondering, does it matter what type of fat it is, i.e will the fats in nuts likely absorb it just as well?

Just going to try and cut dairy stuff out, and wanted to make sure I'm still taking the right stuff when munching the accutane and get confused with the different types of fats out there.

hmmm thats weird....well not really but yea lol, my derm told me its better to take roaccutane with food becoz it absorbs better bla bla and then hes like " that doesnt mean you have to go eating it with cheese, that'll just make you fat lol" i was like omg haha! and then he told me that its up to me wether or not to take one tab a day or take 2 tabs a day.... i dunno which one i should do lol what do you people rekon? btw im not sure what my dose is gunna b yet...im waiting for the percription to be sent next week. cheers.

hmmm thats weird....well not really but yea lol, my derm told me its better to take roaccutane with food becoz it absorbs better bla bla and then hes like " that doesnt mean you have to go eating it with cheese, that'll just make you fat lol" i was like omg haha! and then he told me that its up to me wether or not to take one tab a day or take 2 tabs a day.... i dunno which one i should do lol what do you people rekon? btw im not sure what my dose is gunna b yet...im waiting for the percription to be sent next week. cheers.

Yeah it definitely absorbs better, just trying to find if it makes a difference the types of fat. You don't need to take a lot of fat though, just enough for absorption.

R.e taking one tab or two, he sounds a bit slack really, he should be doing the decision making. It's hard to tell without knowing what the doses are going to be really.