Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
messynessie

dr.'s appointment tomorrow

i'm going to the doctor tomorrow about my acne for the first time. i'm relatively clear right now, with only one or two active blemishes. the main reason i'm going is because i'm having an annoying case of facial irritation (especially around my eyes) after using some BUNK bp. i know the regimen gel says it's prescription grade bp, do they actually prescribe bp? if so, do you think they prescribe a 2.5% concentration or something more harsh? are there any other topical medications that might be worth trying? i doubt they'll give me any anti-biotics because my acne is admittedly pretty mild. oh and i have kaiser, so prescriptions are actually cheaper than OTC products would be.

thanksmuch.

I bet you he'll prescribe you some retarded retenoid like Retin-A Micro or Differin. It's the same with every derm, but hopefully yours is different.

Thats because they are going by the book and what they learned in their School of Dermotology, instead of treating each case individually. Those are the one's I cant stand.

Doctors dont prescribe 2.5% BP, they only precribe 5% or above.

but since you say you dont have bad acne, your doctor will probably start you on some antibiotics for 6 months, and see how you are then.