Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Flax seed oil...

I cannot seem to take it by the spoon full without feeling like I'm going to be sick... and I have been told that putting it in something hot like poridge will lessen the effectivness of it... anyone have any ideas?

gell capsules?

seems less troublesome. supposedly liquid form absorbs faster, but results should be the same

I cannot seem to take it by the spoon full without feeling like I'm going to be sick... and I have been told that putting it in something hot like poridge will lessen the effectivness of it... anyone have any ideas?

I used to be fine taking it in oil form. Then came a time when just the sight and smell of the oil made me feel sick. :sick: . I still took it and had a throw up party all night. I can't take it anymore my body just rejects it. So I take it in cold pressed flax form and eat it like that. Doesnt taste bad but it does get stuck in your teeth like crazy. I always have to brush my teeth and floss after.

You can also take ground flax seeds in powdered form... I haven't taken them in awhile but I used to mix the powder into my smoothies and it does work although it's not as potent as the oil. But I'm with you on the taste of the oil. :X

I find the that flax oil taste pretty good. I guarantee that none of you folks have tried powdered aloe vera....I dare anyone to try this stuff.

It's only bad for about the first week...then you really get used to it.

One thing that helped me in the beginning was pouring it straight into my throat with my head leaned back. That way the oil does not come into contact with taste buds and you just don't feel it.

P.S. Oil form is best absorbed by your body, a lot of ppl do not get the same results with the pills

Guest Stu :-)

Require the desire..

Theres people on here who can eat Garlic raw... i might try it again now that i have eaten red onion raw a few times. Its a new level of Gag, quite sexual :lol::lol::lol:

It's only bad for about the first week...then you really get used to it.

One thing that helped me in the beginning was pouring it straight into my throat with my head leaned back. That way the oil does not come into contact with taste buds and you just don't feel it.

P.S. Oil form is best absorbed by your body, a lot of ppl do not get the same results with the pills

alright, guess i was lying. excuse me

Require the desire..

Theres people on here who can eat Garlic raw... i might try it again now that i have eaten red onion raw a few times. Its a new level of Gag, quite sexual :lol::lol::lol:

I eat raw garlic all the time... its good stuff.

Require the desire..

I eat raw onion and garlic all the time.......I often crush a garilc clove with a little sea salt, and add lime juice or lemon juice to use as a salad dressing........I eat raw onions in salads all the time, but only spanish, white or red.....never yellow ones......they are really strong......

As far as flax oil goes....I'm really not a fan of straight flax oil....I prefer to use Udo's Choice which is a blend of oils, including flax, and EPO, and some other stuff I can't remember right now because it's very lat and I am tired......it tastes a bit milder and unless I know I'm going to be OD'ing on olive oil later in the day....I'll know my EFA ratio will be pretty close to perfect........

Flax has a bitter taste.....so to counteract it try to chase it with something on the sweet side.....don't let it sit too long in the back of your mouth since most of the "bitter" taste buds are on the back of your tounge.......I keep it to the front of my mouth berfore I swallow.....and I don't swallow without my chaser.....which is some tea sweetened with honey, or a little milk, which has a little bit of a sweetness to it (everyone gasp...it's organic milk and milk never gave me a problem anyway....the sweetness you'll taste in the front of your mouth will counteract the bitterness you taste in the back..........

I've been taking 2 TBSP a day of it for over a year.....it never helped my acne much, but my cholesterol is 119 (60HDL, 59LDL), and my triglycerides are 31.......and I'm on Accutane......so it's doing something........

I have been using flax oil as a part of my diet, and have found a few ways of getting it into my diet in some very yummy ways!

Get some lecithin from the health food store. It's not very expensive at all. It's good for your health, and a natural emusifier, meaning it makes oil and water mix. It has a kind of nutty flavor when diluted. Try mixing a couple tablespoons of flax oil with about 1/2 tsp of lecithin. Mix until it is smooth. Add a little bit of water, 1 tbsp at a time, mixing until smooth. At first it'll seem like it doesnt want to mix, but it will after a minute or so. After you've mixed 2-3 tablespoons of water into the mix and made it smooth, you can add quite a bit more water and oil, and it'll mix completely. You can use lecithin to create sauces with your flax oil that are super delicious! I make a honey vanilla sauce that I pour on frozen or fresh fruit. It's so good, it's amazing it's also so good for you too! :) The thing I love about it is it's very versitile. Sweet or salty sauces can be made from flax seed oil and lecithin. It can also be used to mix your flax oil into beverages. It won't seem like a chore to take your flax oil anymore, you just need to experiment.

I also use flax oil in dishes I make after they are in the bowl, so the heat doesn't effect the oil. Here's one:

Cook some chicken thigh meat in water, so you don't need to use any oil or butter. Cut the chicken into little pieces, and mix in a bowl with some macaroni noodles. I then add a couple spoonfuls of fresh salsa, and a tablespoon of flax oil, and some salt. Super yummy! :)

I hope this was helpful. :)

Put flax oil on your salads, with some lemon and garlic if you wish. It makes a good dressing...Not bad at all.

Require the desire..

I eat raw garlic all the time... its good stuff.

I eat raw onion and garlic all the time.......

You might want to try some of the things I've swallowed. Powdered neem extract, triphala, boswellin powder, sodium ascorbate-- raw garlic and onions are a walk in the park compared to these.

I use flax seed oil as "syrup" for my waffles. With vegan butter, and the taste of the waffle (blueberry) it doesn't taste bad at all and a lot better than regular syrup.

Putting it in porridge would be a good idea. The seeds are pretty heat-stable. Not sure about the oil, but I usually add it when I'm halfway done and the oats have cooled off. It might be superstition, but if you want to make absolutely certain that you're not lessening its effectiveness this is how I'd do it.

Putting it in porridge would be a good idea. The seeds are pretty heat-stable. Not sure about the oil, but I usually add it when I'm halfway done and the oats have cooled off. It might be superstition, but if you want to make absolutely certain that you're not lessening its effectiveness this is how I'd do it.

Guest j3ff86

Morrowwheat makes some bread with flax in it- don't know how good it tastes. Also one brand of peanut butter has it.

If it's truly so awful for you that it makes you gag, I wouldn't even bother taking it. It is HIGHLY unlikely that it will clear your acne.

I used to be fine taking it in oil form. Then came a time when just the sight and smell of the oil made me feel sick. :sick: . I still took it and had a throw up party all night. I can't take it anymore my body just rejects it. So I take it in cold pressed flax form and eat it like that. Doesnt taste bad but it does get stuck in your teeth like crazy. I always have to brush my teeth and floss after.

I just pour it into a shot glass and knock it back... then guzzle a bunch of water. If I'm not mistaken, you should be drinking lots of water if you're taking flax seed oil anyway. Something to do with science.