Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
husky123

Accutane and Cholesterol

does anyone have any advice on how to keep my cholesterol low. I know diet and exercise but what kind of diet and is it possible to exercise too much? Thank You.

yeah, this is a good question. Plus how high does a cholestorol level have to be in order to not get approved for the month? I'm up to 222. Where's everyone else?

does anyone have any advice on how to keep my cholesterol low. I know diet and exercise but what kind of diet and is it possible to exercise too much? Thank You.

My cholesterol when I started tane was 145. I am up to 156.

I eat a low fat diet and I avoid fast food and processed foods. I try not to eat anything with "partially hydrogenated oils." I take Omega 3-6-9 (fish oils). I exercise.

Exercise too much? Yes. you can. If you don't give your body time to recover, you can break it down and cause injuries, instead of getting stronger/faster/etc. But what do you consider too much?

Plus how high does a cholestorol level have to be in order to not get approved for the month?

Depends on the doctor. Some freak out over relatively minor elevations, some are stoic over quite high ones.

Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do about it. My levels increased even though I have a healthy VEGETARIAN diet. It was all the accutane's fault. You can try to temporarily go veg yourself, but even with a healthy diet you can expect the tane to mess you up a bit.

Fatty does not equal high cholesterol if you choose your fats wisely. Stick with mono and poly unsaturated fats like those found in nuts, avocado, olive oil, and oily fish like salmon. These fats raise the good cholesterol and lower the bad, while providing lipids for Accutane absorption.