Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Michael Jackson

energy drinks

Guest Michael Jackson

what is everyone's thoughts on them. I believe i am an addict. any effect on acne?

Well. Let's see. They're loaded with sugar. Sugar raises IGF-1. This equals bad news for acne skin.

Myself, I like coffee with a lil sugar added, not too much.

Guest Michael Jackson

IGF-1?

sorry I am a diet-acne n00b.

I should probably quit them anyways because they are hurting my stomache

energy drinks I think worst drinks every made becouse contain alot of suger + caffein that blows up adrenaline .

Anyways IGF means "Insulin-like growth factor 1" High suger goes to direct blood and make insulin level high ~

So...?

Choosing foods that are high in sugar, fat content, and refined carbohydrates can all be damaging to your skin health. Studies have shown that too much sugar and refined carbohydrates in your diet can lead to a surge in insulin. This can create the condition known as IGF-1, where an increase in insulin creates the over-production of male hormones. And excessive male hormones can produce an excess of sebum, the greasy stuff that can clog your pores, attract bacteria, and create an environment conducive to acne! IGF-1 is also believed to cause keratinocytes to multiply, which can wreak havoc on skin.

well for the mean time while ur addicted to energy drinks, make sure Not to drink them on an empty stomach, it might be the reason for ur stomach upsets maybe. or just quit in general, not too healthy, with or w/o sugar nonethless.

just my opinion, do w/e