Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyk

vbeam laser, how many treatments and how successful

In regards to vbeam, how many treatments does it take to ensure that you completely get rid of all the red marks/redness.

"You'll never completely 100% get rid of all your redmarks, so don't expect it."

-Yeah, I know, so don't tell that to me, because you know what I mean!

I have pretty dark red and some purple/red marks that seem to be pretty bad. I intend on using vbeam 4-6 months after accutane. I am wondering, will one treatment make them all fade right away, or will it take 3-5 treatments for all the red marks to fade? Also, how long must you wait in between vbeam treatments? Is it like a month or can you do them once a week or so?

Last, what is the difference between doing red mark / scar treatments 3 months after accutane, and 6 months? I've heard a lot of dermatologists say 3 months is okay, and the extra 3 months is just to make sure you don't keep getting acne (making the treatments pointless). What is the truth, because a lot say 6 months is iron clad as well, what is the truth?

My 2 cents:

Depending on what the redmarks are like-- vaguely healing scabbies or broken capillaries-- one's experience with vbeam will vary. I tried Vbeam for acne reduction and the esthetician and plastic surgeon devised a package where I came in once per week. But I did not get more than one or two passes each time. I had remarkable reduction in overall facial redness with the first treatment, and it only got better as the treatments went on. But deeper broken capillaries, take more and more passes to block off and keep blocked off, and can still return weeks later. The treatments did not much for my acne/oil production, though it did wonders for my overall coloring/complexion.

ive had 7 treatments and they have gotten much better but still there...if they are really as dark as you say, don't expect to be rid of them in a couple treatments. use the search function and research yourself, you aren't going to get much of a reply creating new topics everytime.

ive had 7 treatments and they have gotten much better but still there...if they are really as dark as you say, don't expect to be rid of them in a couple treatments. use the search function and research yourself, you aren't going to get much of a reply creating new topics everytime.

You guys could go once a week though? There is no one month limit in between them or anything?

I think it comes back. Mine did. Kinda like that visine thing.

Too many lasers and noone knows what to do with them.

Some are quite useless. :think:

I need a good knowledgeble derm or plastics guy. That like has time to listen and think.

None seem too here too prosperous. :(

I need a good knowledgeble derm or plastics guy. That like has time to listen and think.

What do you mean, "I think it comes back," are you referring to red marks? Please share a more detailed experience.

my doc says they are blood vessels and no matter how many times you get lasered, some of the blood vessels do come back and they cannot do anything about it. She says that only your body will decide when to stop making the blood vessels. I don't know if this is correct though.

What do you mean, "I think it comes back," are you referring to red marks? Please share a more detailed experience.

Yes if they are blood vessels they seem to return. I don't know if they help with red marks from acne though.

I just gathered from the info on the site that noone has had terrific results with it, and our surgeons round here don't think it is worth buying. I had IPL and the little cappiliaries returned, not that I have many, but supposedly there is a better laser for that. But it got rid of some sun spots though..........those are permanent removal. (I liked my vacations too much :D ).

my doc says they are blood vessels and no matter how many times you get lasered, some of the blood vessels do come back and they cannot do anything about it. She says that only your body will decide when to stop making the blood vessels. I don't know if this is correct though.

ya your right. "Come in every 6 months for another treatment". They return, or probably more correctly new ones form, and $250.00 a treatment.

i think results are user/doctor dependent. the technology will do what it does, the doctor will have to make sure he does it right. yea, people will react differently, but the technology should work otherwise the laser company would be wasting millions of dollars on r&d for a product that doesnt work. people would eventually catch on if it didnt work and the company would be in the shitter if they kept producing lasers that didnt do jack.

should be 3-4 to get results.