Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BJ'sGuRL

Shaving & Waxing

Hey jus a qu for the gurls lol, im starting roaccutane soon and i was wondering for those who are already using it, how are you guys copeing without waxing or shaving? its nearly summer and i'll be starting next week im gunna go insane!!!

Hey jus a qu for the gurls lol, im starting roaccutane soon and i was wondering for those who are already using it, how are you guys copeing without waxing or shaving? its nearly summer and i'll be starting next week im gunna go insane!!!

I've been on Accutane for almost 1 month now and I still shave. In fact, I shaved again today.

you're allowed to shave, just not wax

really? it said in the book not to coz ur more prone to scars and dermatitis....in my case im not gunna coz ive already got eczema damnit!

you're allowed to shave, just not wax

really? it said in the book not to coz ur more prone to scars and dermatitis....in my case im not gunna coz ive already got eczema damnit!

Yup, I shave, just I do it a bit less regular, probably every 2/3 days instead of daily (same with washing hair). Just be pretty careful with it all, anything thats harsh, try to avoid.

I shave regularly. Nothing has changed. You just can't wax because you're skin's so fragile, it'll actually rip off and scar. The only thing that I've noticed when I shave is that my legs become more irritated. I should be more gentle when I shave but I'm not. They knick easily and I don't get a real good shave. In all, it's ok to shave, everyday if you must. Just be more gentle.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Shaving is ok but waxing and anything like Nair are a huge no no. You could rip or burn your skin..

Oh boi, i wish i had kind of refused to do it. But couldn't help it. Unfortunately, for the less fortunate females such as i am, i had to have dark hair on my arms and on the sides (close to my ears at the end of my cheeks) so i had to wax. Shaving is a big no no for me, because it makes hair more rough and it comes out faster when it grows out. So i had waxing done during my course of accutane treatment. But luckily however, so far i did not get any scars on those areas in my face. However, i must mention that while i got my arms waxed, my skin was more sensitive and i remained with bruises for weeks, i even got some parts of my skin peeled soo bad, that after almost 2 months you can still see the faint marks of shed skin. But it's very small, and luckily i got tanned this summer, especially around those areas soo it's not visible unless you hold a loop or microscope on top of it. But just be careful for all you recent accutane users. If you can avoid waxing then do so.