Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unlucky_Guy

want accutane but no health insurance (Massachusetts)

i think i have either freecare or masshealth. could i get accutane for cheap with either of those? if not would paying out of pocket or getting health insurance be cheaper? i don't know how dry the skin gets while on it (i'm assuming 6 months), but should i wait until after winter? if ppl ask me why my skin is so dry i could use winter as an excuse, but then again i don't want it to be drier then usual that my skins cracks and bleeds. also would i have to stop lifting weights while on it?

I have no idea about insurance. I'd check around and compare how much insurance would be and what coverage you'd get compared to how much Accutane (look into generics too!) would be out-of-pocket.

The literature/comments I've read favor doing Accutane during the spring/summer, as it's often easier to deal with sun exposure than it is horrible dryness. However, this is not a steadfast rule, and there are good moisturizers out there to help prevent your face from falling off.

As for lifting weights, you should be OK, though you may be more achy. This again is a personal thing.

i think i have either freecare or masshealth. could i get accutane for cheap with either of those? if not would paying out of pocket or getting health insurance be cheaper? i don't know how dry the skin gets while on it (i'm assuming 6 months), but should i wait until after winter? if ppl ask me why my skin is so dry i could use winter as an excuse, but then again i don't want it to be drier then usual that my skins cracks and bleeds. also would i have to stop lifting weights while on it?

This stuff can be really pricey! Obviously you should always go with the generic as it will save you an arm and a leg. About the insurance -- I signed my self up for health insurance through Blue Cross -- I pay 10 dollars for my Accutane prescriptions. Blue Cross is actually really reasonable -- I pay $80 a month for my PPO plan -- which means I not only get my prescriptions covered, but my derm visits as well. I think it's worth looking into.

As far as drying out -- do you usualy dry out a lot in the winter? I don't know. Accutane is going to dry you out no matter what -- so you just have to decide whether or not you want to wait 6 months to start. If you do a course in the winter you just have to be vigilant about moisturing!!!! ;0)

I have insurance but I got a 30 days supply of 90 (20mg) caps of generic tane at CVS and I asked what the price for them without insurance would be and he said $800. Ridiculousy over priced.

Look into Wal Mart. I heard on the news that Wal Mart was going to sell their generic brand drugs really cheap. I heard some prices were as low as $4. It's just an idea.

Look into Wal Mart. I heard on the news that Wal Mart was going to sell their generic brand drugs really cheap. I heard some prices were as low as $4. It's just an idea.