Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ello

what if your best friend called you ugly

what do you if a best friend calls you ugly in a joking way? my best friend just did this to me and i am so shocked and hurt. what would you do in this situation?

my friend has told me this, joking, he always jokes with me asking me to go out with him lol

I don't really care ..

One of my buddies says it once in a bluemoon, mostly in a joking matter. If I'm in a bad mood I go off on him, making fun of his weight. If I'm in a good mood, I just laugh it off.

I never joke about that with my friends. Ever. I don't have very many, so I treat them really well.

Besides, the few friends I do have are just as touchy and moody as I am. I respect them too much to say something that might hurt me if it were said to me.

I would be offended. Especially if said friend knew I had self esteem issues.

x

this is the worst part.

i never found the term hey ugly vey funny. its such a stupid thing to say to someone. i cant figure out what someone really means when they say that. i think if someone says that they kinda mean ,it even if theyre joking when they say it. All in all it's a fuckin stupid thing to say to someone.

i have such a hard time with this.. let me elaborate

im a guy and when im around the other guys yea, we say stuff like that but of course you can NEVER take it seriously. But I NEVER *NOT* take it seriously. It always hurts at least a little bit. And i tend to not forget it and i tend to be shocked. But i pretend it doesnt affect me. Some of my friends have acne and still partake in this and call each other ugly. Seriously.. acne has liberated me completely; i could never call someone ugly from now on, even with a clear face.

I however am a little guilty. I used to say "yo momma is..." and "your face is..." A LOT before and try to never say them now. Its been at least twice this week i had to bite my tongue while saying "your fa---" stopping myself.

I would be initially annoyed, but who cares? The person jokingly saying that is probably casting his/her quality of ugliness on you.

if it's guy to guy then it's probably not a big deal. But any other situation like guy to girl is just crossing the line. I'm sure he/she had no intentions of hurting you though.

okay.. this situattion happend to me this summer.. sometimes when my best friend and i would get into these playful arguements on the bus back from camp(we were both camp counselrs) we would start teasing each other and acting veryyy childish. she would end up reverting to jokes that involved calling me ugly, like..

....after a minute of playful fighting...

me: you're dumb

her: okay, ugly

or

me: get a life

her: get a new face, freak

and

me: bye "friend"

her: bye ugly

and so on.. but it never bothered me until i became really sensitive one day, and just couldnt handle the joke and felt like every1 on the bus was listening and probably thought she was serious and it made me feel like a mutant and so i kinda teared up(real emotinal i kno haha) it took me a while to approach her abt it bc i didnt kno if i was overreacting due to a bad day or what. i mean i KNO shes my best friend and doesnt have bad intentions and i KNO im not ugly... actaully, i kno for a fact that before we had become friends, she was very jealous of me and disliked me greatly bc of that.. but stilllllll.. im not the most secure person either so it stings. bc i "feel" uglier, her saying that validates my thinking, and forces me to question if she also percieves me that way.. and maybe likes to rub it in my face?

neway, i finally confronted her abt it, and she was really surprised and told me she only said things like that to make light of the situation (she knos how insecure i am abt my skin, and avoided all my other friends for over a year, etc) and was stunned ii took it personally.. huh okk.. obviously the joke had to have a root from somewhere. however, i did see where she was coming from and in a way, it had worked.. our teasing, ironically, helped me not to care as much abt my skin but rather, refocus my attention unto having a good laugh.

me and my friends always call eachother ugly.. but its all for laughs. We don't just blurt it out.. like if I say "wow that is ugly" .. then one of my friends will most likely say "your face is ugly" and vice versa haha. Doesn't bother me any, we all know we're joking.

what do you if a best friend calls you ugly in a joking way? my best friend just did this to me and i am so shocked and hurt. what would you do in this situation?

key his/her car

yea, thats kinda how it was between my friend, mandy.. now i feel sorta silly for getting so defensive.. i think i looked too much into it.. but heyyyy thats what being paranoid abt ur skin does to you

Guest Michael Jackson

IPB Image

when you key his/her car just get the passenger side and don't make it really big. that way it wont be that noticeable :D .

Guest Michael Jackson

when you key his/her car just get the passenger side and don't make it really big. that way it wont be that noticeable :D .

most ppl don't say shit after a bullet to the kneecap.

maybe you could learn the pressure points and cause him/her to pass out for 10-20 min. then you can slap him/her around and call him/her names like poophead.

Guest Michael Jackson

maybe you could learn the pressure points and cause him/her to pass out for 10-20 min. then you can slap him/her around and call him/her names like poophead.

i can agree with that. but shoot below the knee, you don't get attempted murder

People jokingly calling me ugly I can handle.. people jokingly saying something about my acne I can't :lol: .. all my friends know not to joke about that with me :badgrin: