Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey just started accutane about a week ago right as a freshman in college and i might be keeping a log on this site...my question is how many people have gotten problems with wearing contacts and are they worth it? so far my only side effects have been chapped lips (i think) but then again its only my 2nd week

hey just started accutane about a week ago right as a freshman in college and i might be keeping a log on this site...my question is how many people have gotten problems with wearing contacts and are they worth it? so far my only side effects have been chapped lips (i think) but then again its only my 2nd week

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...;hl=optometrist

This thread contains advice I got from my optometrist re contacts and dryness.

I wear contacts and I haven't noticed anything. My lips are quite dry but I didn't have problems with contacts and i have sensitive eyes.

I've had a couple days since I started where I couldn't get my contacts in my eyes in the morning, so I wear my glasses instead. But I think my body is adjusting to accutane cuz I haven't had any problems in the last 7 days or so. I'm on Day 21 now.

I couldn't wear them for years after my first course, and after a second course again i can't wear them. They need drops every ten minutes or they literally pop out of my eye. I think it was absolutely worth it, glasses versus moderate/severe nodulocystic acne? No contest really.

I couldn't wear them for years after my first course, and after a second course again i can't wear them. They need drops every ten minutes or they literally pop out of my eye. I think it was absolutely worth it, glasses versus moderate/severe nodulocystic acne? No contest really.

Do you wear gas perms? I had trouble wearing them when I first started wearing contacts. I wore them for years, and when I switched to disposables, it was a huge difference.

I wear the Accuvue Oasys lens now, and it has a really high moisture content. I know some people can only wear gas perms because of special prescriptions. But, if you can do soft...I would highly recommend these.

I wore Acuvue2 disposables before my second course. When i went in for my eye exam and complained about the contacts, my doctor gave me a free trial pair of the Oasys type, but my eyes still can't tolerate them at this time, so i went with glasses. I don't really mind, my new frames are HOT! :P

I'd just buy a box for each eye for now, rather than a year's supply, just to avoid possibly spending money on contacts that you may not be able to wear. But not everyone's eyes are intolerant of contacts during or after the course as mine are.

Im current wearing night and say lenses (constantly in for 30 days) and havent had to much trouble with them. Sometimes i wake up with a little dry eye but i just bung some eye drops in and im pretty set for the day. My lips are fairly dry but i use aquaphor at night and in the morning in the shower i rub all the dead skin off and use burt bees lip blam which works great... i just ordered some cortibalm which i hope works good!... good luck!

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I actually have less problems with gas perms then soft. Apprently my the iris of my eye is smaller then normal so it causes a feeling of dryness. My eye doctor went into a long explaination of why that I didn't understand. With my gas perms I have noticed some dryness lately. Rewetting drops do the trick so it's not a big thing for me.

after the dryness hit after the second week or so I could still wear my contacts but only for a short period, like 4 hours before they felt too dry and drops didn't help.

now I'm on day 115 or something, on a higher dose, but now can wear my contacts fine for 8 hours or so. I just keep a small bottle of visine with me.

You'll be able to tell for yourself if you can wear them or not soon enough!