Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm looking into getting one because my easthetician said they are great for the skin but there are SO many out there I don't know which ones are good..or not.

Any help would be appreciated!

there's face steamers! :)

And...all this time I have been using a stainless steel bowl under a towl..psssh.

I'm looking into getting one because my easthetician said they are great for the skin but there are SO many out there I don't know which ones are good..or not.

Any help would be appreciated!

I started a very similar thread, "hot". Apparently steamers are useless.

Really?...steaming isn't good for healing acne?

I swear there was a post on here somewhere that they talked about lavender steams or somethin..

Really?...steaming isn't good for healing acne?

I swear there was a post on here somewhere that they talked about lavender steams or somethin..

It seems 50% of people swear by it and 50% swear it's a waste of time if not detrimental. Who knows.

Yeah everyone's diffrent. I know that steaming was neutral for me. It did bring up a lot of little pimples by doing that..but continuing that healed them right up. Purging isn't fun to go through..but sometimes its esstinal..Even though NO ONE enjoys having more break outs due to it.

Yeah, yeah I could do that...but I want one of the cool face steamers!

People think I'm an idiot for asking I think..

No, you are not an idiot for asking. None of us have the answer. And who doesn't love new toys.

I have one but to be honest I find that the steam goes more evenly accross my face and feels that it works better by just filling a large bowl with boiled water and putting a towel over my head to keep the steam in.

Note: Do not get too close to the water...I burnt my nose twice doing that years ago and well...it hurts!