Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

Red/bumpy complexion and accutane?

I'm on accutane and have noticed my complexion getting ruddier and rougher/(little bumps) as a result. What i'd like to know is, is this a temporary side effect or will I be stuck with a ruddy, crappy complexion after my course? Thanks in advance

I'm on accutane and have noticed my complexion getting ruddier and rougher/(little bumps) as a result. What i'd like to know is, is this a temporary side effect or will I be stuck with a ruddy, crappy complexion after my course? Thanks in advance

could be an initial breakout. how long have you been on tane?

Hi there,

What doseage are you on?

Just make sure your dose is not too high for your body height/weight, because a dose of Accutane that is too high can cause Rosacea, which is a skin disorder that flushes the skin and makes it red and itchy. You might want to ask your dermatologist, just to be on the safe side and make sure your dose isn't what's causing your skin to turn red.

Have you been out in the sun lately?

That could be another possible reason your face is red. Accutane makes your skin very sensitive to sunlight and artificial light.

Good luck. I hope everything works out well for you.

Please post updates and let us know how you're doing!

what is Rosacea? I'm halfway through month 4 on tane and I seem to be getting more and more red patchiness on my face, it's nearly as bad as the acne...if I have Rosecea will it stay after my course?

Hm, I seem to remember experiencing the same thing on accutane as well, and my face still seems to be a bit similar these days. Its not nearly as red, but it's still there. Yay!