Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gavin19

more or less clear

I have been on the csr for almost 2 months now and I haven't really had any new acne since week 2. But due to the csr I find my skin becoming blotchy rather than having new spots. If I do get a spot it doesn't develop at all and just shows a slight red mark under the skin without rising to the surface. Also, because of (i think) minor irritation and dryness caused by the bp, I get small red patches mostly around the mouth area. Due to this occasional irritation I find myself having to usually skip 2-3 applications of bp per week to allow my skin to recover, ie just cleanse/moisturise and miss bp. My acne has been mild/moderate since my early 20s when I was taking accuntane but it is persistent if nothing else. I was wondering if it would be wise to step down to just a nightly application of bp or if I should maybe stop using the cleanser in the morning instead? My skin is naturally dry anyway and before beginning the csr I would always need to moisturise in the morning after washing with soap to keep my skin from drying out during the day. Any thoughts?

I would still use bp 2x a day, but cut down how much you use. Everyone's skin is different. I use a full finger but a skinnier line. It works better for me. That's just my opinion.

I would still use bp 2x a day, but cut down how much you use. Everyone's skin is different. I use a full finger but a skinnier line. It works better for me. That's just my opinion.

I dont really understand the "Cut-down" part. If your are applying half a finger or a whole finger, your face is still being covered in BP twice a day. Using the full finger just seems to take longer to dry is all.

If your face is irritated, it would seem to make better sense to skip 1-2 applications a week to allow time for recovery.