Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberNick

Doxycycline, yes or no?

My doc prescribed me some doxycycline 100mg tablets to take for 10 days for these two cysts I have, until I can get in to see the derm in the next week or so. I guess my question is, should I even bother taking these? Will they make a difference in ten days time, or should I just wait and see if I can get some cortisone shots from the derm?

I took doxy for about 2 years and it worked on and off for me. I would take it if i was you though. It will help with the swelling and may even get rid of the cysts. Every person is different so don't be surprised if it does absolutely nothing for you, but it will not hurt to take it. I noticed great results within the first week of taking 100 mgs a day, but within the next two weeks, my acne came back so I was forced to start accutane a few weeks ago. Good luck.

Guest Sincerely_Me

I've been on doxy for 2 weeks or so and have mild acne, is doing WONDERS. As for cysts, it cleared up the one I had. But it may or may not work for you...everyone is different, but I hope it will.

My doc prescribed me some doxycycline 100mg tablets to take for 10 days for these two cysts I have, until I can get in to see the derm in the next week or so. I guess my question is, should I even bother taking these? Will they make a difference in ten days time, or should I just wait and see if I can get some cortisone shots from the derm?

doxycycline cleared me up in 2-3 months. 10 days..... it may help, i never got worse from taking them. some advice, dont take them with or right after dairy products and take them when your stomach is full. or else you will feel sick.

Why didn't the derm just give them shots then the would be gone alot faster.

I can't get an appointment for about a week, so she gave me these until I can get in to see the derm.

10 days probably isn't long enough to notice a difference. I took one bottle of doxy and I never got it refilled because it gave me a bad stomach ache. I don't think I was on it long enough to know whether or not it was helping.

10 days probably isn't long enough to notice a difference. I took one bottle of doxy and I never got it refilled because it gave me a bad stomach ache. I don't think I was on it long enough to know whether or not it was helping.

it takes about 3 months for it to help. also you should eat something before taking it. as long as its not dairy. usually, i ate a piece of bread before taking it.