Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

For those who know or look at ingredients, I switched from this....

I went from this bp 2.5% with these ingredients (see below), and it worked very well now I switched to Dans's BP and although it goes on well on my face and it may be higher quality BP, it was stronger and more drying it literally irritated my skin and made me break out. Now hopefully my face accepts it but my older bp was good but ends up costing alot of money, below were the ingredients and if compared to DANS, his bp gel contains way less ingredients. Still confused on the switch creating a breakout, I don't understand why skin is so f***** delicate. My old red marks that were fading became big red painful pimples when I applied dan's bp gel withing hours it was hell. Now I'm using less and skipped a day of bp and lots of moisturizer. We'll see what happens.

Ingredients:

Acrylates copolymer, carbomer 940, citric acid, diazolidinyl urea, dimethicone, dioctyl sodium sulfossuccinate, disodium EDTA, glycerin, propylene glycol, silica, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, water, xanthan gum, other.

Dan's BP gel,

Deionized Water, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer 940, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol

Any comment or similiar effects when switching bp please let me know, I can't understand why ingredients can cause the irritation especially when going from alot more ingredients to dan's gel with alot less????

Marco,

this may explain why you are breaking out upon switching BP products.

This is from www.clearskinregimen.com

What is pharmaceutical grade?

Clear Skin Regimen Gel is a pharmaceutical grade product. Our manufacturer triple mills the highest quality benzoyl peroxide available to ensure extra fine raw material. This is why you won't find grittiness in Clear Skin Regimen Gel like you often do in other benzoyl peroxide meds. When applied to the skin, this produces smaller particles of benzoyl peroxide which penetrate more deeply into the skin.

A few people have reported that they have broken out upon switching to Clear Skin Regimen Gel. Although this is not common, there is an explanation for those of you who may experience it. It could be the result of the smaller particles of benzoyl peroxide reaching deeper down into the skin and attacking the acne that is still well below the surface. This acne is destined to reach the surface at some point. However, a pharmaceutical grade benzoyl peroxide can act as a metabolic accelerator, bringing this acne to the surface. The good news is that after this initial breakout that some people may experience, you can look for your skin to stay clearer with a pharmaceutical grade benzoyl peroxide medication. With each application it will be penetrating more deeply and preventing acne from forming. I have personally never been clearer since switching.

italics and bold added by me.

This is beside th epoint but I've noticed your previous BP contained Glycerin, UREA, Citric Acid and other moisturising ingredients. Which is this BP? Proactiv?

PS: Brandy is probably right about your breakouts - either way, just stick with Dan's BP and see how it goes

This is beside th epoint but I've noticed your previous BP contained Glycerin, UREA, Citric Acid and other moisturising ingredients. Which is this BP? Proactiv?

PS: Brandy is probably right about your breakouts - either way, just stick with Dan's BP and see how it goes

Hi Proximity, just curious are you asking because its a good thing to have all those moisturizing ingredients?

The bp I use is sepctro jel found in canada. It defineatly did not dry up as much as this one does (dans bp)

Yes I definetly think it's a good thing if BP contains moisturising ingredients (non-comedogenic of course). Since BP dries your skin out, moisturising ingredients like that (Urea, Citric acid, glycerin - most good moisturisers have these ingredients) would combat the dryness from the beginning. A moisturiser would then only help the skin get even more moisture.

I've suggested a lot of times that Dan should add some moisturising ingredients to his BP. I believe this would relieve flaking & dryness for some people.

The proactiv BP has moisturising ingredients but I've never heard of Spectro jel before.

The fact that you say that the previous BP didn't dry you up so much is proof for my statements.

Yes I definetly think it's a good thing if BP contains moisturising ingredients (non-comedogenic of course). Since BP dries your skin out, moisturising ingredients like that (Urea, Citric acid, glycerin - most good moisturisers have these ingredients) would combat the dryness from the beginning. A moisturiser would then only help the skin get even more moisture.

I've suggested a lot of times that Dan should add some moisturising ingredients to his BP. I believe this would relieve flaking & dryness for some people.

The proactiv BP has moisturising ingredients but I've never heard of Spectro jel before.

The fact that you say that the previous BP didn't dry you up so much is proof for my statements.

Great thanks I think I'll use it in the day and dan's at night.