Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_88

Over Washing Face!

I have washed my face about 5 times today... Its so STUPID! I woke up this morning and washed my face, then I had to go out few hours later, so I washed my face again and I put make-up on.

An hour later I came home and washed off my make-up. Then, my brother asked me to go to vets with him, so I had to wash my face again and apply more make-up. Half an hour later I came home and washed my face AGAIN! Damn it, why couldn't of I just left on my make-up??! I am so stupid.

Do you think it would break me out over washing my face?? Anyone ever washed their face so many times in just one day!! I am sure I'll prob wash it before bed again because my skin is super oily...ah :cry:

your only suppose to wash your face twice a day. dont do 5 times ever again. it can really irritate your skin. which can lead to break-out. why did you keep washing your face anyway?

i only wash my face twice a day. what i do is i use dove soap, do a quick wash to get all the excess dirt off, wash that off then i cover my face in soap and let it sit there for about 30 seconds then wash it off.. it kinda dries my face out...

ALSO shaving dries me out like crazy.

is this a bad thing?

you're not alone. I washed my face around five times today too. My skin was clear since the last few days and it was getting better everyday! but then all of a sudden I got a breakout and it freaked me out and I washed the hell out of it today.

I feel soooooo stupid as well!!! argh!

you're probably going to be fine. just dont do it anymore. wash it 2x and pat dry. treat your face nice and it'll be nice to you.

I usually wash my face twice a day with soap but rinse it just with water a lot more. That's not bad in any way is it?? Anyone??

I usually wash my face twice a day with soap but rinse it just with water a lot more. That's not bad in any way is it?? Anyone??

no but its not necessary unless you sweat a lot.

no but its not necessary unless you sweat a lot.

nah i don't sweat a lot, I know I shouldn't be doing it. I just put a lot of stuff on my face during the day like egg whites and ACV so I have to rinse after that.

I have two types of foundation - a liquid to use right after washing my face, and pressed to use on my skin if it's not clean. My skin oils mix with the drier pressed foundation and it goes on really well. Try something like that maybe so you don't have to keep washing everytime you want to put on make-up.

I usually wash my face once or twice per day. During the summer, it was really tempting to wash 3-5 times a day. Sometimes I would, only to realize it made my acne look worse.