Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gurra

Guinness

Hi,

Any Irish here?

I have seen research about guinness being anti-inflammatory.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=219768

I also read about a guy claiming his acne got better after drinking guinness.

There was a week I drank alot of Guinness and my skin looked very good, but I could never understand why. I never thought of the Guinness. I guess I have to do an experiment to see. :D

"What is impressive about Dr. Folts' observations is that the flavonoids in dark beer produce anti-platelet effects that rival those of aspirin," Korthuis said.

http://www.temple-news.com/home/index.cfm?...60-36fb1b2019e8

Maybe it's the brewers yeast in the beer that can cause positive health effects, since brewers yeast has a lot of B vitamins in it. The hops in beer is also said to have anti-inflammatory properties. I think that beer can be healthy now and then (guinness and tecate are my faves) but it's not something to overdo, because it can cause candida.

Maybe it's the brewers yeast in the beer that can cause positive health effects, since brewers yeast has a lot of B vitamins in it. The hops in beer is also said to have anti-inflammatory properties. I think that beer can be healthy now and then (guinness and tecate are my faves) but it's not something to overdo, because it can cause candida.

The yeast used in beer is much different then candida and in no way causes candida because it doesn't hurt your intestinal flora like antibiotics, refined sugar/carbs, or stress. However, yeast can aggravate candida in a sort of cross-allergy way from what I understand.

The yeast used in beer is much different then candida and in no way causes candida because it doesn't hurt your intestinal flora like antibiotics, refined sugar/carbs, or stress. However, yeast can aggravate candida in a sort of cross-allergy way from what I understand.

But see... it's not the brewers yeast that causes candida... it's the alcohol.

In the spirit of research, I shall increase my consumption of Guiness, effective immediately. If it means helping all you good people, I will unselfishly give of myself in this way...

It wont cure your acne but it does help it at my local soccer team we used to get free pints of guinness last year after training on tuesday and thursdays for 3 months it was some promotion from guinness, helped my skin so Ive been drinking it ever since.

It takes you a few weeks to get the taste off it so stick with it

No, it's one of the chemicals in it, however you'd have 17 to 18 beers for it do actually something. And that'd make your acne a hell of a lot worse.

But see... it's not the brewers yeast that causes candida... it's the alcohol.

Moderation is key my friend... especially with Guinness. That's no beer to get drunk off.

I started my Guinness experiment. Going to see if I can get the positive effect back that I saw last time.

Max 2 pints of Guinness per day. More like 80cl.

If it really does help, it's a dream come true because I like Guinness ALOT. (-:

For those who don't read the links I posted, this is an example.

Once upon a time, long before there was a U in the EU, Guinness advertised its ambrosial beverage with the slogan "Guinness is good for you." Now, decades after that claim was deemed illegal, researchers have found that it is true. The BBC reports that researchers at the University of Wisconsin tested the health-giving properties of stout against those of lager by giving it to dogs who had narrowed arteries similar to those in heart disease. They found that those given the Guinness had reduced clotting activity in their blood, but not those given lager. The researchers told a meeting of the American Heart Association in Orlando, Florida, that the most benefit they saw was from 24 fluid ounces of Guinness - just over a pint - taken at mealtimes. According to the BBC, they are persuaded that antioxidant compounds in the Guinness, similar to those found in certain fruits and vegetables, are responsible for the health benefits because they slow down the deposit of harmful cholesterol on the artery walls.

Its nasty so I wouldnt drink it. BUt I think I read somewhere about it containing iron or something.

Not true. It is not alot. Example.

Food / Drink Iron content (mg)

1 pint of guinness 0.3mg

100g ready-to-eat apricots 3.4mg

100g ready-to eat prunes 2.6mg

1 egg 1.1mg

I wish Guinness was good for acne, in my experience, it didnt help. I used to drink a lot of Guinness before I got acne and stopped going out for a while. After the Minocycline started to really work and I could start going out again I started drinking Guinness again and my acne started to get bad.... again. So after a few weeks without a drink and really needing one, I started onto Tennants one night and i've been drinking 2 or 3 pints of it per day for the last 3 weeks and my skin has never looked better !!!! I think it could have been the de-stressing effect that a couple of pints of beer per day has on me, i'm a much happier person having a few drinks per day and much more relaxed too, if it keeps the acne at bay, I'm happy.

Guiness is good, but Bud is better.

Clearly you were born without taste buds. Guinness is one of the best beers ever made. Luckily for me, alcohol doesn't seem to cause breakouts. Not like I have time to drink on the weekends, though.