Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 months on accutane and I finally need to moisturize. It's called "simple", says it's for sensitive skin, etc, etc. But I don't know what to look for ingredients wise. Do you think it's okay to use?

Its here

http://www.healthcheckpharmacy.com/shop/cu...at=0&page=1

I'd be really grateful if someone who knows what they're talking about could take a look.

Thanks!

The ingredients are:

Aqua (Water). Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Borago Officinalis (Borage Seed Oil), Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Acrylates/C 10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Mica, 2-Bromo-2- -Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Scrine, Sorbitol, Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin.

Hey. After using Benzoyl Peroxide for a couple of months I too suffered with dry skin. I searched for a moisturiser everywhere but it would always end up making my skin look oily or caked. I found the Simple range and had high hopes for it. In the past I've tried the moisturiser you asked about, "Light Hydrating Moisturiser". I found this oily and it did not absorb very well. It has an ingredient called Liquidum Paraffinium (or something to that effect), it's called Mineral Oil anyway. This is a comedogenic ingredient and seemed to aggravate my skin.

I switched after a few weeks to using "Rich Replenishing Moisturiser" and I have to say this is amazing. It's not as rich as it makes out to be and absorbs brilliantly. It does not contain the pore blocking ingredient that the other one contains, it also is 100% fragrance and colour free which is such a bonus! I really love this moisturiser. Hope it works. Lee.

hm... Do you know where you could find that moisturizer since I didn't see it before. Is there a certain company which produces that product?

I'm from the UK and they sell it in most stores over here, I'm not sure where you could get it if you live in USA but I'm sure you could order it over the internet. Hope this helps. Lee.