Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

Neosporin how and when to apply?

Hi

How is neosporin used, is it only if pimple is popped, is it too late for me to add neosporin when pimple is completly developed? (not a whitehead)

Will ibuprofene bring down the inflammation?

Any quick fix?

Please any help buddies?

I dunno about the ibuprofen, but the Neo can be used anytime. I have killed new and old pimples with it and it seems to be helping face my old red marks. I put it on a few times a day. Spot treating mostly.

Give it a try!

I dunno about the ibuprofen, but the Neo can be used anytime. I have killed new and old pimples with it and it seems to be helping face my old red marks. I put it on a few times a day. Spot treating mostly.

Give it a try!

Ok BUT can the CSR still be used, when would one add neosporin before or after BP, before or after wash or after moisturizing?

Give it a try!

Ok BUT can the CSR still be used, when would one add neosporin before or after BP, before or after wash or after moisturizing?

Yes!

After bp and before the moisturizer.. and then throughout the day when you think of it

Guest ~Wolfy~

Neosporin mainly prevents new acne, but it may also help reduce existing spots (but may not...)

Guest Michael Jackson

Neosporin mainly prevents new acne, but it may also help reduce existing spots (but may not...)

no. it aids in acne going away, does nothing to prevent it.

Guest ~Wolfy~

Actually, I looked it up, it's an antibiotic in the class that kills P.Acnes. Removing P.Acnes largely prevents acne (it's what all the normal acne antibiotics target, like the tetracyclines).

So if you spread it in a thin film across the affected area everyday, the number of new spots should be greatly reduced. (It takes atleast 6 weeks to really start to kick in though-probably because the pores need to grow out damage caused by the bacteria.)

The only gotcha is that this is using it 'off-label'. The docs try to avoid using this class of antibiotic for this kind of thing, because they want to reserve it for eye infections. If you're splashing it all over your face, the chances go up that one of the bacteria will develop immunity, and if it does and you later get it as an infection in your eye then the normal eye treatments won't work. That's why they recommend you only apply it for a couple of weeks, to reduce the chances of this happening (but the chances are low, and you'd be no more likely to get an eye infection anyway.)

It's not available in the UK for this reason; and I'm surprised it's available in America.

Neosporin is great for healing! It helps prevent scarring too.

I use in on my legs after I shave & its the only thing that keeps razor bumps & irritation at bay for me.

I also apply it to my heels a lot since my fashionable shoes arent so feet friendly ;)

I am very tempted to try it on my face now....but it seems I have ADD when it comes to acne treatments :D

I should probably stick to what I'm doing longer before adding any more.

Guest Michael Jackson

Actually, I looked it up, it's an antibiotic in the class that kills P.Acnes. Removing P.Acnes largely prevents acne (it's what all the normal acne antibiotics target, like the tetracyclines).

So if you spread it in a thin film across the affected area everyday, the number of new spots should be greatly reduced. (It takes atleast 6 weeks to really start to kick in though-probably because the pores need to grow out damage caused by the bacteria.)

The only gotcha is that this is using it 'off-label'. The docs try to avoid using this class of antibiotic for this kind of thing, because they want to reserve it for eye infections. If you're splashing it all over your face, the chances go up that one of the bacteria will develop immunity, and if it does and you later get it as an infection in your eye then the normal eye treatments won't work. That's why they recommend you only apply it for a couple of weeks, to reduce the chances of this happening (but the chances are low, and you'd be no more likely to get an eye infection anyway.)

It's not available in the UK for this reason; and I'm surprised it's available in America.

6 weeks? it reccomends only using it for 7 days at a time and not over large areas