Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milo777

Tetracyclin Log

I started on tetracyclin about 1.5 months ago, havnt seen much of a difference in my skin yet although it has cleared up slightly. I take 150mg once a day and have mild - moderate ance.

Morning - Wash with estee lauder perfectly clean pat dry and apply panoxyl BP 2.5% w8 15 mins and apply estee lauder daywear plus with spf 15. I usually cover some of my spots with yardley oatmeal.

Evening - Wash with estee lauder perfectly clean pat dry and apply dermologica medicated clearing gel SA 2.0% w8 15 minutes and apply estee lauder daywear plus with spf 15.

I have been using the regimen for 1.5 months with not much of a difference, can anyone suggest what else might help :think: Ill try add some pics in the near future

Gr8 forum btw!!!

I started on tetracyclin about 1.5 months ago, havnt seen much of a difference in my skin yet although it has cleared up slightly. I take 150mg once a day and have mild - moderate ance.

Morning - Wash with estee lauder perfectly clean pat dry and apply panoxyl BP 2.5% w8 15 mins and apply estee lauder daywear plus with spf 15. I usually cover some of my spots with yardley oatmeal.

Evening - Wash with estee lauder perfectly clean pat dry and apply dermologica medicated clearing gel SA 2.0% w8 15 minutes and apply estee lauder daywear plus with spf 15.

I have been using the regimen for 1.5 months with not much of a difference, can anyone suggest what else might help :think: Ill try add some pics in the near future

Gr8 forum btw!!!

my derm prescribed it to me a week before she put me on isotretinoin (A.K.A. accutane). the improvement wasnt that huge (maybe because it was just a weeklong treatment. also within that week, i had to take the lab test to check my CBC (complete blood count), Serum Cholesterol, Triglycerides, SGPT-Alaninine Amino Transferase, and Alkaline Phospatase Serum (ALP) levels to see if my body could tolerate isotret.

how long are you gonna be on this antibiotic treatment? i've read that prolonged use of antibiotics is not good for the body in general because antibiotics kill all bacteria (the bad and the good) in your body and when this happens, your digestive tracts loose all the defense against parasites and candida which, in turn, will cause you more food sensitivities/allergies.

Im planning on staying on it for 1.5 months then going back to the doctor if there isnt a huge improvment i suppose we will discuss further treatments inlcuding accutane...I was on accutane when i was alot younger and its really helped my skin but it came back :( the doctors think it was because the dosage wasnt high enough. To be totally honest i dont want to go back on it as it was a rather horrible 6 months and the price rather ridiculous. But will see what happens in another few months hopefully a miracle :P

Im planning on staying on it for 1.5 months then going back to the doctor if there isnt a huge improvment i suppose we will discuss further treatments inlcuding accutane...I was on accutane when i was alot younger and its really helped my skin but it came back :( the doctors think it was because the dosage wasnt high enough. To be totally honest i dont want to go back on it as it was a rather horrible 6 months and the price rather ridiculous. But will see what happens in another few months hopefully a miracle :P

just curious, how long did you stay clear from the time you completed the tane treatment?

I stayed clear for about 3 months after the 6 month treatment :( Since then i have had mild - moderate acne never as bad as it was before. Although i was going through puberty during my accutance course which is why my skin was worse then.

Seems you taking a very low dose has it totally cleared your skin? and how where the side affects?

I stayed clear for about 3 months after the 6 month treatment :( Since then i have had mild - moderate acne never as bad as it was before. Although i was going through puberty during my accutance course which is why my skin was worse then.

Seems you taking a very low dose has it totally cleared your skin? and how where the side affects?

i weigh 92-98 pounds. yes it's cleared my skin. im now 98% zit-free with indented & hyperpigmented scars, enlarged pores & oily skin (not as bad before the tane treatment though). side effects? i've experienced depression, dry lips, dry hair, dry skin, easily bruised & slow-healing skin (especially in my hands), irritated eyes, knee pain. ive managed to keep them mild & at minimum by improving my diet & doing supplementation.

i weigh 92-98 pounds. yes it's cleared my skin. im now 98% zit-free with indented & hyperpigmented scars, enlarged pores & oily skin (not as bad before the tane treatment though). side effects? i've experienced depression, dry lips, dry hair, dry skin, easily bruised & slow-healing skin (especially in my hands), irritated eyes, knee pain. ive managed to keep them mild & at minimum by improving my diet & doing supplementation.

Thx for the info. To be totally honest i think your skin is in really good condition goodluck with your goals :)

My skin has cleared alot since going onto tetracyclin but i seem to be breaking out on and around my nose area which has never happened before...Anyone have any ideas why they think this could be happening?