Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onyxraven

Onyxraven's CSR Log

Okay, so I'm starting the CSR on a whim, even though my skin is acceptable right now. I'm sort of worried that CSR might make it worse or that the redness/dryness factor may start, but oh well, try anything once, twice if i don't like it...

I'm a junior in college...and I've had problems with my skin since about 14. My parents never really bought me any treatment stuff, so I was using bar soap on my face until 18, then I started get SA stuff in college and tried proactiv, which worked for a little bit but was eh.

my "regimen" before this consisted of neutrogena oil-free acne wash, and Neutrogena rapid treatment 2.0% SA lotion, which I put on under my EDM make-up. I also used BP at night and St. Ives scrub (equate brand) once a week...so yeah...I'll keep track of it here.

(points to recognizing the song lyric fragment)

The stuff I picked up for CSR was Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser and Neutrogena oil-free moisturize for sensitive skin (hypoallergenic, fragrance free, non comedogenic etc). I already have some 2.5% on the spot.

so...first impressions...thus far my face looks the same in the morning, relatively even skin tone, same pimples as the day before if there were any etc. one thing i've noticed...i'm not quite sure how i like the cleanser. it just feels like i'm washing my face with lotion...i sort of don't feel clean, like i still have the regimen on from last night, and i don't feel like any of my dry skin gets removed with washing...i seem to have less redness, more clogged pores than usual, but that is just an observation. i'm coming up on my period this weekend, so i wouldn't be surprised if my skin fights back to how i've changed it's "upkeep."

today is my loooong day at school...logic, comparitive gov, and then a 3 hour seminar on the holocaust. i'm a philosophy and public affairs (econ+gov) major, so be expected for me to go on a tirade about things occasionally. it happens. of course, i would have to pick my long day to be "day 1" (I used it last night, but it doesn't count as a "full" day), and also the day in which i test my make-up staying capability with stuff under it besides moisturizer.

i'm writing this while the wait periods between the regimen are in action.

it does take a lot longer to get ready than it used to...

my face sort of feels heavy...i'm not used to having layers of junk on, especially since i quit using ordinary liquid foundation. i'm not sure how i feel about that.

so what's the deal with exfoliation? am i allowed to *occasionally*? that would be nice...

my problem areas are my jawline and my upper cheeks. i think it has something to do with my pillow (which i need to start changing more, and my animals lay on it all the time when i'm not looking, at which point i kick them off...but still). i have these two areas on my upper cheeks (one on each side) that have been there a while and don't really seem to go away. they're like a network of little tunnels under the skin that have junk in them, they're not raised...just red and i can get stuff out of them everyday. anyone have that or know what they are?

*i need to stop picking*

but yeah, i put my hair in a ponytail last night and put a clean tshirt over my pillow for now (doing laundry tonight...if i have time). i took pictures last night (after washing my make-up off, before doing the regimen), so i'll post some along with those around day 5, so i/you can compare.

i'm not really sure what to rate my acne previously to this, i guess it was mild. i always thought it was moderate, but it's less active pimples, more under the surface stuff (pockets??).

okay, upon closer study of my skin, there are two pimples rearing out of old red spots that are new. two on my right cheek. one upper, one lower.

i need to hurry though, class is at 11, i need to finish 1 hw problem, put make-up on/brush teeth etc and bring the dog outside to go to the bathroom, which leads to a mini walk.

here's some entertainment for you all...

so i got hit by a freaking bike today...no, not me...but my car...while i was looking for a parking spot. i was turning a corner and a flipping bike came out of nowhere and hit my back end, knocking the rubber frame of my bumper completely off and giving her a flat tire. she wasn't hurt luckily...but that's just....wow. definitely never had that one happen. i was, of course, late for class and had to pick my bumper frame up and somehow stick it in my car.

wonders never cease.

(i also ended up chasing my dog through the streets of my town for about a mile after he got out the front door when i came home, and decided we were playing tag...)

anyone else had the problem of getting more clogged pores from CSR? No active pimples (but there really weren't many anyways), but a lot more blackheads last night and overall congested skin. i'm wondering if it's due to the cleanser...

a lot more nasties under my skin now...a lot more clogged pores and some active little guys as a result of the clogged pores. i thought the breakout is supposed to hit the 2nd week, not the first couple of days! what's going on :(

so, my skin is now worse than it was 4 days ago...

grrr.

i think it was the cleanser, the clogged pores seemed to have diminished slightly upon waking up. i switched to aveeno positively radiant cleanser...and yeah. everyday minerals kit came in, so now i have the premium kabuki, which is causing far less irritation than the baby one...so that's good.

will post before and thus far pictures on day 5.

so, last night i went out to a party, and since i had already done the regimen in the morning (didn't want to do it 3x), i showered and just used the facewash with the SA lotion i had been using (figured it's better than nothing). i ended up not moisturizing last night once i got home, and my skin is okay, had a few spots today...but that's expected after drinking and smoking.

i will have done the regimen 3x today...due to having class early today, looking like crap by 5 pm and having to go to training for work at 7. (washed my face, redid it)

i also ate panda express, so if diet is related (we know it's supposedly not, but I rarely eat fried food...so...), i'll know.

skin burned today...

i haven't been updating much, but there's not much to update. haven't had any real dryness thanks to moisturizer...bp is up to a good amount.

tempted to just have this turn into a photo log.

started using dan's bp gel last night, it's weird. definitely a lot greasier during the day and i barely used moisturizer today.

haven't been wearing moisturizer during the day since switching to the csr gel. how bad is this? i'm greasy even without it, so with it...I don't even want to know.

i just bought NHSF with AHA to put on at night, unfortunately the only one at the closest store was with spf, got it anyways though. i want to look around and find the "night" formula, since I don't really like the smell of sunscreen. i figure it's good to have if i go to the beach or don't wear make up during the day, so whatever.

i noticed a lot of raised pores/blackheads tonight and ended up squeezing quite a few of them. so now i'm blotchy, but that's my fault. hopefully it will have calmed down in the morning.

well, had a major breakout on my left cheek (the one i sleep on, of course), while the right one looks better. a little non symmetrical right now...

also...i forgot to mention i haven't been using moisturizer during the day due to the amount of oil i'm getting from using dan's bp and moist. i moisturize at night and that seems to be enough.

also, the breakout had nothing to do with the picking. wasn't even anywhere i had touched!

sorry, midterms are going on. this equals hell at my school. i don't even get to relax on the four day fall break...i have a take home to do over it, and then a logic exam the day i get back, and a paper due two days later. whee for 20 units at a top school...ugh.

things are a little better regarding school, skin is the same, minus big breakouts. i have a lot more clogged pores again and blackheads..which i never had a problem with in the past.

the deep stuff is still in my cheeks, i put tea tree oil on one side one night and it had less in it the next day. maybe i'll start trying that.

oh yeah, that take home requires me to write 18 pages of essays....lovely....