Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ello

how come there arent many topics about

how come there arent many topics about hyperpigmentation? i dont get red marks i get brown marks and i dont think red marks and brown marks are the same. not alot of people get brown marks here?

how come there arent many topics about hyperpigmentation? i dont get red marks i get brown marks and i dont think red marks and brown marks are the same. not alot of people get brown marks here?

whereabout your body area is the hyperpigment?

I got brown marks too from cuts and cooking burn.

Any ideas how to fade them? (don;t ask me to use hydroquorine, I tried, it made them more super-pigment).

If you use the search button I'm sure you'll find a lot of topics about hyperpigmentaion.

In regards to the term "HYPERPIGMENTATION" its meaning varies a little according to the doctor's perception. You're totally right and according to my research hyperpigmentation is referred to the dark/brown marks. But some doctors have described my redmarks as "hyperpigmentation" and that has confused me a little bit. I don't know if they do it because hyperpigmenation sounds fancier than Redmarks. Can't really tell.

Hyper is a prefix and comes from the Greek (if i'm not mistaken) and it means over, above, extra,up,plus,excess, etc, So in this case Hyperpigmentation means overpigmentation, above the pigment limit, extra pigments. In some cases red marks end up being brown marks because our system during the "healing period" attracts many components such as blood,collagen,..........,........, and finally EXTRA pigments(just in case) to the compromised area.

So maybe some doctors know that post acne redmarks sooner or later end up being brown marks and they give it this name in advance. That's just my wild guess.

Sometimes redmarks (right before becoming brownmarks) have a purplish,blueish color and for some people they are just red marks and for others brownmarks (hyperpigmentation)

Finally, my guess is that some people with brown marks (hyperpigmentation) or still in the purplish,blueish stage are posting,asking questions and looking for a solution on RED MARK threads.

So it's a matter of perception sometimes.