Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Purpose Wash

Retin A , 2.5BP rotate everynight.

SA/AHA Mask 2-3 Mask

SA Toner 2-3 times a week , and i exp drying flakes.

Neutroegna AHA Moutirzer ( I use every night )

should i drop the sa toner and SA mask.. i just wanna exfoilate so my pores dont get cloged. but is moustiring wit ha AHA moutirzer each night enough exfoliating?

Guest Sincerely_Me

Purpose Wash

SA/AHA Mask 2-3 Mask

should i drop the sa toner and SA mask.. i just wanna exfoilate so my pores dont get cloged. but is moustiring wit ha AHA moutirzer each night enough exfoliating?

Whoa, okay.

TAKE OUT completely the Mask if you're going to use the AHA moisturizer. If you still have acne, don't exacerbate the issue which it actually might since your skin is so irritated. The SA is an exfoliant so I don't think it's an issue in the toner.

If you have acne, remember that being gentle is a lot more effective, so IMO, until your acne is clear, stick with a basic moisturizer like Cetaphil. Purpose wash was a good choice for gentleness!

If it is working for you, stay on it. I just believe whatever works for me thing. Just don't forget an oilfree moistrizer.

To each their own, whatever works, stick with it. When you are kinda almost clear, dump some stuff until you find balance.

If it's working, great. That's a lot of stuff though. I would cut the mask out definately. If retin-a is working for you keep it, but I have heard a lot of people say it didn't work for them (I've never used it myself). A lot of times simplicity is the key, which yr regimen definately isn't.

Purpose Wash

SA/AHA Mask 2-3 Mask

Steven,

Your regimen does seem to be a bit excessive.

What about using....

morning:

Purpose wash

2.5% bp

Neutrogena AHA moisturizer

evening:

Purpose wash

Retin-A

and just forget the toners, masks, etc.

You will be getting plenty of exfoliation between the AHA moisturizer and the Retin-A, you will not need to add in anything else or you will likely just irritate the heck out of your skin.

Good luck!

i too am getting into the retin-a / 2.5%bp alternating program. but i run zoderm in the am...occasionally bp during the day... cetaphil at nite followed by either the retin a or bp. so far so good. ive always felt like my skin was better when i alternated products and didnt allow my skin to adjust