Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dozer

is this possible?

i have added a moisturizer to my csr treatment. i have used just BP for over a year. i have used BHA from time to time in certain areas. no problems. but i seem to have a lot more clogged pores since using the moisturizer. i am using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. it has AHA and it keeps me from getting dry and itchy, but i don't need it adding to my problem. i thought it was supposed to help with clogged pores and exfoliate dead cells. i have been using it for about 6 weeks, should i stick it out or try something else? any help would be great.

dozer

Guest Sincerely_Me

i have added a moisturizer to my csr treatment. i have used just BP for over a year. i have used BHA from time to time in certain areas. no problems. but i seem to have a lot more clogged pores since using the moisturizer. i am using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. it has AHA and it keeps me from getting dry and itchy, but i don't need it adding to my problem. i thought it was supposed to help with clogged pores and exfoliate dead cells. i have been using it for about 6 weeks, should i stick it out or try something else? any help would be great.

dozer

Well...everyone is different, number one...and number two are there any other products you added as well as the HSFL?

Btw, AHA doesn't help with clogged pores exactly, it's just an exfoliant, and exfoliating doesn't necessarily mean clear pores.

If you haven't added any other products, ditch the moisturizer, everyone's skin is different.

It seems quite a few people have complained of HSFL causing breakouts. And quite a few claim that it's a miracle product that have rid them of all the problems in the known universe. I suspect it's another ingredient in HSFL causing your breakouts. Bt if i were you, I'd say 6 weeks is long enough. On to the next.

I use Garnier Pure A. It claims to reduce pore size, and so on.

It contains salistic acid, hydrates well and I personally have not broken out when on it.

It has a night-time/daytime formula. I just wear the night time one as it is a gel.

(Personal preference.)

If I am in the sun I do wear an oil free sunscreen too.