Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberNick

How to find a dermatologist?

I have two cysts right next to my nose that are recurring. One went away finally and now after a month, it has reappeared in the same exact spot. These things take weeks to go down, and it is HUGELY frustrating to not pick at it and be patient and wait forever for it to go away, only to have it come back in the next couple weeks.

I think the only option is to get these injected, but I've never been to a derm before. How do I find one? I go to Kaiser for regular care, do I have to find a derm at the same medical provider? I'm in the Long Beach, CA area, if that matters. Thanks for any help...

I have two cysts right next to my nose that are recurring. One went away finally and now after a month, it has reappeared in the same exact spot. These things take weeks to go down, and it is HUGELY frustrating to not pick at it and be patient and wait forever for it to go away, only to have it come back in the next couple weeks.

I think the only option is to get these injected, but I've never been to a derm before. How do I find one? I go to Kaiser for regular care, do I have to find a derm at the same medical provider? I'm in the Long Beach, CA area, if that matters. Thanks for any help...

you usually get referred by your doctor unless you go private. might be different process in the US tho but its more or less that process in the UK. Your doctor may be able to help without having to go as far as a dermatologist