Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snow22

Mino Dosages???? help please

I was on Minocycline the begining of summer and saw a rapid improvement that last about 2 weeks then I seemed like i was back at square one. I was taking 100mg a day. My Derm just recently up'd the dosage to 200mg a day. Do you think this will have a better effect, and if so how long till I'll notice? or do you think it just doesnt work for me.

Thanks everyone

No one will have a definite answer for you. Upping the dosage can sometimes help but may not. In my personal expierence I've been down this road before and increasing the dosage did not help.

Don't get discouraged, though, becuase everyone is different. I've seen this drug work many times. Good luck.

Deja Vu... I'm on the same dosage. I too saw a fast working effect, then it seemed like bleh. My derm told to me start taking 100 mg, twice a day. I've been doing this for about a week now, haven't seen much change but I'll give it a couple more weeks.

Deja Vu... I'm on the same dosage. I too saw a fast working effect, then it seemed like bleh. My derm told to me start taking 100 mg, twice a day. I've been doing this for about a week now, haven't seen much change but I'll give it a couple more weeks.

Let me know how you make out with it, if you eventually see some results. Ill be sure to let you know if i see improvement. Goodluck

Let me know how you make out with it, if you eventually see some results. Ill be sure to let you know if i see improvement. Goodluck

Will do, Today has been a pretty good day. Last couple of days I've been dealing with pimples on my chin/jaw line area which seems to be the only place I really break out at. Do you have dry skin much? I have to apply this moisturizing stuff to my face like atleast twice just so my skin isn't flaky.

Will do, Today has been a pretty good day. Last couple of days I've been dealing with pimples on my chin/jaw line area which seems to be the only place I really break out at. Do you have dry skin much? I have to apply this moisturizing stuff to my face like atleast twice just so my skin isn't flaky.

This is so ironic, cuz I break out on my jawline/ chin area also, that being the only place i tend to breakout at aswell. I am using benzaclin as well as the minocycline, and when i use the cream 2 times a day i find it extremely drying. So lately I have just been using it once a day and that has been helping with the dryness. I have a pretty stressful job (firefighter) so as a side effect of the stress i sweat alot and have quite the oil slick at times, so it does tend to mask the dryness. Keep me posted

Have you been on accutane? I was on accutane a year ago, only worked for a short period. But yeah, my jaw line is my only problem man, it sucks, especially when you are a male and have to shave. I don;t use any creams, because I despise them, I do use the BP wash soap, however, and I think it had to do partially with my dryness. Sorry to hear about your job man, I mowed lawns this summer and sweat all the time plus dirt, it was awful.