Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eclipse_1985

Just swallowed my first Accutane pill.

Well today i started my accutane journey..I was prescribed Accutane but i got the Clarvis however its spelled,,, but its the same thing.. Mild Acne on face,, moderate on back, and chest.. Lets see how this stuff is gonna work.. i am freakin worried about the initial breakout though..

Good luck with it, just be on the lookout for blurry vision, bad headaches, and excessive moodiness, thoughts of killing yourself.

Good luck with it, just be on the lookout for blurry vision, bad headaches, and excessive moodiness, thoughts of killing yourself.

That is why I won't take accutane.

Well today i started my accutane journey..I was prescribed Accutane but i got the Clarvis however its spelled,,, but its the same thing.. Mild Acne on face,, moderate on back, and chest.. Lets see how this stuff is gonna work.. i am freakin worried about the initial breakout though..

Good luck on it. I am in the same boat as you, I just started yesterday on Clarvis. My acne is controlled very well now but I have been on Minocycline and Evoclin for awhile so they gave me tane as a kind-of hopefully permanent solution. It is so hard to keep from taking the other med's cause I'm worried abotu the initial breakout. I've been clear on my face almost 2 months! I cheated and use Evoclin today and now my face is really dry, also I'm going to a club so i have to have a drink or two. This is going to be a hard/sketchy 5 months.

I've been on it for about a month now. My face is the clearest it's been for 15 years!!!

I'm glad I didn't read this board before I started, or I would have been worried. I have had no side effects apart from very sore dry lips, but I can put up with that. I constantly use lip balm, or lipstick. The doctor recommended vaseline, but that didn't relieve it at all.

I've had none of the other symptoms you guys have described. I didn't even break out when I first started.

best of luck...took it 20+ years ago, no side effects except for dry lips...best of all, cured acne for good!!!I was a life saver for me!

I am just wondering how long it will take me to notice any positive changes in my acne? I know the initial breakout will happen so i am prepared,, but the chapped lips are gonna be tough.. I hate goin out with acne on my face but with nasty lips too... oh man its gonna be tough... so far i have taken 2 days of pills and nothing yet... its gonna hit hard soon though

I am just wondering how long it will take me to notice any positive changes in my acne? I know the initial breakout will happen so i am prepared,, but the chapped lips are gonna be tough.. I hate goin out with acne on my face but with nasty lips too... oh man its gonna be tough... so far i have taken 2 days of pills and nothing yet... its gonna hit hard soon though

is this drug your talking about the same as accutane (isotretinion?) is it just a generic or what?

Congratulations on your accutane beginning!!! I'm on day 15 and so far i couldn't be happier. I'm on 30 mgs once a day and I have to tell you that my skin is ALREADY 80 % better. I can't believe my eyes. The first few days were nothing out of the ordinary. I had some mild headaches during the evening, but i would take two aleve and they went away fairly quickly. My lips are not as dry as I thought they were going to be. I was preparing for the worst and all I have is dryness around the very edge of my bottom lip. I pile on the aquaphor every few hours all day so I'm sure that's what's helping me avoid the really dry effect. My skin on my face only is also getting a little dry. Nothing to bad. I compare it to when I was using the benzaclin gel. I use emu oil at night and neutrogena oil free moisturizer in the am and I'm good to go. As far as the IB if really haven't had one (knocking on wood!). I have had one new cyst on my chin that started on day 6 and is just now going away. It never came to a nasty head though. I also have had a few little itty bitty white heads popping up around my chin and forehead but it's nothing compared to what I had two weeks ago. Even the redness is gone. I'm amazed!!! Please keep us updated on your progress. You're going to be so happy you made the decision to take this drug. It's nothing short of a miracle!!! Good Luck!

Do keep in mind that it will almost certainly work, but don't get overexcited by all these happy posts. Your results may take longer, but hang in there!

Oh yea, i know this drug has to take its time and run its course,, i know these are happy post and i am gonna stay optimistic.. It is still very very early in my course of isotretoin, but i am still excited i finally got the opportunity to take it. So far its Day 3 and no side effects yet,, I think my lips are just starting to get a litttle dry but i am applying chapstick every 2 hours just to be on the safe side. I had a head ache earlier today but i dont think its becuase of the medications, i mean shit its only been 3 days.. and for the guy that asked if the pill was taking was generic ,, it is.. It has the same active agriedents as Accutane does its just got a different name.. Claravis.. well i will keep you guys posted...

peace

Well today is Day 4 and no effects yet, still rather early.. MY derm told me i would experiace dry skin within a week but no dice so far.. I have been using a crapload of chapstick already just because i dont wanna have koolaid lips all day especially in class at college. I got like 2 new zits today though.. yippe but thats nothing out of the ordinary...well i will keep u guys posted take care

One week he said? Not in my case either Im on day 10 and oily as ever. Guess I dont respond as quickly.

Yep thats what he said,, one week,, but everyone is different so who knows it might be a week , it might be a month,, i forgot to post early about my symtops,, my skin on my face was really red today looked horrible in my breakout parts,, almost depressing,, but yes i am a guy and i use cover up ,,, u gotta do what u gotta do

ampogo, JVSpill, you idiots.

accutane MAY cause headaches for the first month or so.... blurry vision maybe.

moodiness and suicide? no. not unless you were like that before! if that's the case, don't blame the accutane, blame your suicidal moody selves! :P

stop spreading your lies, and stop believing the ones you are told.

One week he said? Not in my case either Im on day 10 and oily as ever. Guess I dont respond as quickly.

One week would be a pretty fast response. For someone pretty oily as you seem to describe yourself, i would expect within a month to be more realistic. I assume you are making sure to take your dose with a good source of fat to increase absorption?

One week would be a pretty fast response. For someone pretty oily as you seem to describe yourself, i would expect within a month to be more realistic. I assume you are making sure to take your dose with a good source of fat to increase absorption?

I take my pills by the book.

That is why I won't take accutane.

That is why you'll anyways have acne for the rest of your life. Enjoy!

Good luck with your treatment. I'm into my second month. YES, the IB is a bitch. I've got a bunch of painful cysts and blackheads are more visible, also scabbing and bleeding is common (which is why I don't wash my face but once every day or every other day.)

BUT, clear skin is in our futures, it's almost guaranteed, stick with it.

The only real side effects I got were dry skin/lips and aches for the first few weeks. Also my memory has completely vanished and I can get moody, but I was already like that!

:angel:

Guest Sincerely_Me

Good luck with tane.

And screw chapstick, CARMEX is best!

kk i got like no more oil after the 2nd or 3rd pill no joke. and the initial breakout was HORRIBLE. worst acne i ever had in my life