Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaele

Would staying at a low dose for longer (six+months)prevent/lesson some of Accutane's side effects?

bump :)

I'd say its likely although accutane does seem to work accumulatively, there doesn't seem to be as much studies for it though, but I'd say it would be worth a shot (but possibly less effective and more chance of having to have another course).

I'm on a course that will eventually last 7 months, but only because that is what my doc prescribed. I haven't really experienced any bad side effects so far so I am grateful for that. However, my hair does seem to be shedding more than it did before the course so, from that perspective, I am looking forward to the course ending...

There's mixed evidence in the medical literature I've read. I would trust a doctor/derm on this one though, as they have the experience of past patients. However, voice your concerns if you have them.

Hey Beenthere!

I have 1 more week left of accutane! YAYYYY! :dance: But I have recently noticed my hair is shedding more. It may just be because I only have to wash it once a week haha. But your saying its going to get worse? How long does it take to go back to normal?