Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babadum

What my derm said about my scars.

I've found out yesterday that my bumps on my nose are oil glands BUT they aren't just oil glands the bumps are actually acne scars raised ones. My derm said that I can have them flattened but they will just come back. THEN she said she can deep clean them but it'll leave dark spots and as for the the scars on my face....she said I have oriental(asian) skin so it'll leave darker spots on my face and make my skin worse or something...I want to be positive about this but the fact that she's basically saying that I can't remove my scars makes it kinda depressing...I dunno I think I'm gonna see another derm there seems to be a good one in california but I can't go there now :confused: sigh or else I'd tell her to help me, but I guess none of these scar treatments can or were designed for asian type skin? I dunno. What do people here think?

hah.. i thought this thread was supposed to be about what your DREAMS revealed abt your scars.. guess not, rofl

but neway, if i were you i'd get a 2nd opinion. cant hurt.

I've found out yesterday that my bumps on my nose are oil glands BUT they aren't just oil glands the bumps are actually acne scars raised ones. My derm said that I can have them flattened but they will just come back. THEN she said she can deep clean them but it'll leave dark spots and as for the the scars on my face....she said I have oriental(asian) skin so it'll leave darker spots on my face and make my skin worse or something...I want to be positive about this but the fact that she's basically saying that I can't remove my scars makes it kinda depressing...I dunno I think I'm gonna see another derm there seems to be a good one in california but I can't go there now :confused: sigh or else I'd tell her to help me, but I guess none of these scar treatments can or were designed for asian type skin? I dunno. What do people here think?

I think you should feel lucky you have a honest derm who didn't offer you hope in a happy meal to go in exchange for your wallet.

Asian skin heals differently than light skin in resurfacing. This doesnt mean u couldnt have any other procedure done first. ALso Fraxel is safe for asian skin and can be used after anyrthing as a resurfacing.

Finally any procedure MAY work out well on asian skin, but to save yourself the trauma of messing up skin tone or something, I would def get a spot tested before doing any deep procedure. Might want to try and find a doctor that has experience with asian skin.

Thanks for your imput! :D Yeah i guess I should realize she probably doesn't specialize in asian skin for god sake I think i'm the only asian that even sees her! XDDD