Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I feel like I have no purpose in my life. Im depressed all of the time, I am struggling in school. I feel restless and traped.

So my solution? Enlist in the navy. Thats right. I joined the navy. :cool:

Good for you sweetie pie, some people love the navy/military and some people hate it, its all about what YOU make of it, just like any job. So good luck and just have fun with it, its only 4 years and Im sure it will be a great experience. Also here is a good forum for people that are in DEP where you can find alot of good info. http://forums.military.com/1/OpenTopic?a=c...&f=23919558

you will never come back the same person you are now.. prepare to be completely decensitized and brainwashed..why do Americans feel the need to join the army or navy on behalf of their country? It's something I'll just never understand

Its not that they "feel the need", most times it is because they don't have a better option or they need money for school. Some people would rather join the military instead of being stuck in some factory for the rest of their live, for example.

The navy.. will take you places thats for sure.. but it's a whole new life.. maybe that's what you want. However, it sounds more like an escape to me. Anybody can join the navy, Any-freaking-body. Their education programs are nothing special and it's tough to come back after years of service and try to find a job on the open market.

I think you are confused. The Navy does not accept "any-freaking-body", that is the Army my friend. There are quite a few requirements that you have to meet to get in to the Navy. And the Navy has Advanced Electronics and Nuclear Engineering schools that are actually probably better than most colleges. Also, I have friends in the Navy that have been approached by government officials trying to offer them a job, BEFORE their term is up.

I think you are confused. The Navy does not accept "any-freaking-body", that is the Army my friend. There are quite a few requirements that you have to meet to get in to the Navy. And the Navy has Advanced Electronics and Nuclear Engineering schools that are actually probably better than most colleges. Also, I have friends in the Navy that have been approached by government officials trying to offer them a job, BEFORE their term is up.

I knew a kid from highschool who graduated with the mininum requirements and maybe a 2.0 GPA. Never took the SAT, or ACT but just joined the Navy. Wow what rigorous requirements.

Salaries at the entry level engineering positions begin at $31,000 with other positions beginning at $25,800. Most positions pay $45,000+ after successful completion of the Intern Program. Rapid salary increases occur while in the program based on performance. Salary also may vary by geographical locations.

The Acquisition Intern Program (AIP) provides a three year structured, intensive, career development program for recent college graduates. Through formal training classes, rotational assignments, mobility, hands-on training in progressively responsible assignment, and with college tuition assistance for continuing your education.

So basically, in order to make the 45,000+ salary you need a college education through the navy Anyway. Atleast that's what I understand, I could be wrong ofcourse.

The navy.. will take you places thats for sure.. but it's a whole new life.. maybe that's what you want. However, it sounds more like an escape to me. Anybody can join the navy, Any-freaking-body. Their education programs are nothing special and it's tough to come back after years of service and try to find a job on the open market.

in this day and age trust me they'll accepte just about any body

So I feel like I have no purpose in my life. Im depressed all of the time, I am struggling in school. I feel restless and traped.

My oldest brother is a Marine. He's sent out to fight for a fucking lie ... as a kid enrolling he didnt know there would be a running greed kill for oil agenda. You know how things are now...or least you should know....why the hell would you even want to be part of that ?

My oldest brother is a Marine. He's sent out to fight for a fucking lie ... as a kid enrolling he didnt know there would be a running greed kill for oil agenda. You know how things are now...or least you should know....why the hell would you even want to be part of that ?

Yea I have a lot of respect for marines but I would never want to go through all that shit, boot camp and all the nonsense fightingl

IPB Image

The U.S. Navy has just passed an order making skirts optional for women. They may now elect to wear either a skirt, or nothing at all, an option which has become very popular among male sailors in the fleet.

“I love it that some of my fellow sailors – at least, the chick ones – can now go bottomless. It’s so much less restricting, you know,� commented one Seaman First Class Lawrence D. Bates. “Those bare legs and little panties showing, I can’t wait for the women to pick up on this new order.�

“It’s an abomination,� commented Admiral Rachel Giverston. “We women have been fighting for equal rights in the Navy since 1908. This order has just dashed decades of progress.�

Captain Tim Richman said, “Well, personally, I’m happy to see skirts made optional for women. We’ve got some real hotties aboard – don’t quote me on that. If they choose to walk around sans skirts, well, it might make it a little easier to ‘welcome them aboard,’ if you know what I mean.�

It is possible that the wording of this order was simply misleading, and actually intended to say that skirts were optional in place of slacks. The Navy at large, however, has chosen to interpret the order in the most sexist way possible.

It is expected that within two short years, this will become the standard uniform for women in the U.S. Navy. For the men of the Navy, those two years can't go by fast enough.

Seaman Miles Cummings was heard to say, “Do you think that all the chick sailors wear thongs? I mean, not all of ‘em, not the fat-assed ones, but the hot ones? Oh, God, you don’t think that Admiral Giverston wears a thong, do you? [shudder] Damn, I’d hate to see that.�

Rumors abound that the next order coming down from headquarters is that Navy blouses will soon become optional, rendering female members of the fleet either totally clothed or nearly naked.

“Oh, that’d be da bomb, son!� exclaimed Seaman Keyshawn Jackson. “Can you dig that? All them chicks runnin’ ‘round the decks in nothin’ but their civvies? Oh, man, now if only SECNAV [secretary of the Navy] would throw down an order to tell the women to wear their hair down then yes, that would be awesome. That would give men a whole new reason to join the Navy.�

When reached for comment, Seaman Bubbles “Bunny� Patterson of the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan giggled, “This is great! I feel so free! So unrestricted! Now let’s see who gets that promotion to Chief first – one of the men, or one of us girls. Now we can shake it and everyone can see it jiggle.�

“No, wait, this isn’t what we meant at all,� complained Admiral Bert W. Fischer. “It means that you can either wear a skirt or pants as you choose! Oh, this is a disaster. They’re going to take my Navy Cross away, I can feel it.�

If nothing else, this order seems to have largely improved the overall morale of the Navy, even among the women, who are inexplicably happy to be free of the excessively restrictive and anachronistic skirts.

glossynews.com