Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I feel like I have no purpose in my life. Im depressed all of the time, I am struggling in school. I feel restless and traped.

So my solution? Enlist in the navy. Thats right. I joined the navy. :cool:

So I feel like I have no purpose in my life. Im depressed all of the time, I am struggling in school. I feel restless and traped.

What the fuck would you want to do that for???

especially now, w/all the conflict in the middle east, its like suicide...

I don't think that you need to join the navy to feel better about yourself, especially when it involves some drill seargent yelling his ass off at you all the time. IMO of course.

btw, are you a girl...if you are, then that is a whole diff. story...

but if the navy would help you feel better about your life, like you are doing something worthwhile, then go for it :)....It's not easy work though...

has anyone ever been on tane in the army or nave or can you i think that would be the worst place to have to go be on tane

Good move Ms. Sweetie Pie. The Navy or the Air Force are great branches to join. The Navy usually gets stationed in the best places too, unless of course your stuck on a ship, then the next 1-2 years will suck except for when you land somewhere. My brother was lucky enough to stay at a base in Japan for his whole term of service and a friend of mine is staying in Spain. Makes me wish I joined up. Noone shoots at you in the Navy either. Just watch out for those pesky Russian submarines.

Um... Well. What about College? If you make it through highschool you might as well go to College, and im pretty sure most Navy and even Army recruiters only recruit high school graduates.

The navy.. will take you places thats for sure.. but it's a whole new life.. maybe that's what you want. However, it sounds more like an escape to me. Anybody can join the navy, Any-freaking-body. Their education programs are nothing special and it's tough to come back after years of service and try to find a job on the open market.

Um... Well. What about College? If you make it through highschool you might as well go to College, and im pretty sure most Navy and even Army recruiters only recruit high school graduates.

The navy.. will take you places thats for sure.. but it's a whole new life.. maybe that's what you want. However, it sounds more like an escape to me. Anybody can join the navy, Any-freaking-body. Their education programs are nothing special and it's tough to come back after years of service and try to find a job on the open market.

Depends on what kinda occupation you have in the navy. Some are easy, but some require tremendous amount of knowledge, especially in math. My buddy is in the navy (still going to school for his particular job) and he says it's difficult as fuck and he's a brain at math. If you want a challenge, the Navy or even Air Force is the way to go. College isn't for everyone.

it good that you finally decided what to do with your life, but is it really what you like? or just joined because you didn't know what you wanted to study??

I joined the navy my senior year of highschool, even though i finished with an A+ gpa and was accepted to the college i had originally wanted to attend. Let me just tell you if you have the ability to go to college or do anything else productive with your life try that before enlisting. I mean, you can always enlist AFTER college or whatever else you decide to try. Believe me i speak for more than half the people at my advanced training school following bootcamp when i say i rushed into it and wished i considered school first. Lucky for me i found a way to weasle my way out with entry level separation and get my life back on track at home. It can work for u, and many people are extremely happy with the military, i just urge you to thoroughly consider your choices before enlisting. Also, if your acne is bad bootcamp will be a bitch for you , as showers were only once a day and sometimes lasted only 15 seconds. The term "Car Wash" to me will forever mean single file 15 second showers consisting of a quick lather of soap , rinse, then get the fuck out.

well...one of the reasons i enlisted was to get money for college actually. I cant afford the university i wanted to go to, and i just dont want to settle with going to a community college for 2 years. yes, i know it will be hard and a difficult challenge, but honestly, im not very happy with myself right now. this may help me to gain that respect for myself again. i mean, serving in the navy is an incredible acomplishment i think.

i dont get any respect at home. im never happy. i just wanna be somebody.

i don't know if there are curtains in the female showers, we weren't allowed to "associate with female recruits" and there weren't any females at my technical school. I am a guy and our showers did not the shower heads were all located around one central pipe so you all showered in a circle, and we had two shower rooms, one with one of these circular arrangments and the other with two. For the first month of bootcamp the Large shower was prohibited so imagine 80 guys standing naked in a single file line to get into a shower room with like 8 showers that is like 10x10 feet.

Student loans...and community college is NOT a bad idea. It gets the requirements out of the way so you can go to college and start doing classes that relate to your major. I came in with 30 Credit hours from community college and duel credit classes, and basically started a year ahead.

i don't know if there are curtains in the female showers, we weren't allowed to "associate with female recruits" and there weren't any females at my technical school. I am a guy and our showers did not the shower heads were all located around one central pipe so you all showered in a circle, and we had two shower rooms, one with one of these circular arrangments and the other with two. For the first month of bootcamp the Large shower was prohibited so imagine 80 guys standing naked in a single file line to get into a shower room with like 8 showers that is like 10x10 feet.

my friends in iraq he's gone weeks with out shower he hates it in general

another friend is a west point grad, army ranger, he's in iraq he lives for that ish

you will never come back the same person you are now.. prepare to be completely decensitized and brainwashed..why do Americans feel the need to join the army or navy on behalf of their country? It's something I'll just never understand

you will never come back the same person you are now.. prepare to be completely decensitized and brainwashed..why do Americans feel the need to join the army or navy on behalf of their country? It's something I'll just never understand

g.i. bill, va garuenteed loan, health care

basically everything the lower class income indiviual needs

What the fuck? The sounds like something that would come from a concentration camp flick, not something you'd expect from the greatest nation in the world!

So basically, the only difference between this and prison is that you get paid, and you don't get your butt sored :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good for you! i'd be in the army right now as a medic if it weren't for my anxiety disorder. sadly the fact that i take medication disqualifies me or else i'd SO be right there!