Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
speciaLBlend

very red face. eczema+pimples

hey guys i used to have a lot of acne but im almost clear except i have a very red face. i also have eczema on my face so it is really bad. what are some things i can do to reduce redness

i only wash my face with water i also dont use any acne creams. i find them to make things worst esp. my eczema.

p.s i also have very sensitive skin. if i rub i will get rash like marks on my face which i have right now

have u tried fucidin cream or dakacort

no i never heard of them, are they suppose to get rid of redness?

my derm. gave me desonide cream .05%(steriod cream) for my eczema but its been 2 weeks and it improved only a little. the steriod cream also gave my few tiny pimples. the reason why i dont like to put that on my face is because it gets better and then it gets bad again.

I suffer with dermatitis/eczema on my face from time to time. I would suggest NOT to use any steroid creams, there are better options available without the side effects.

To help the eczema:

The best thing i would say is to get a soap substitute to wash your face with (I use aqueous cream), this will help to clean your skin without leaving it dry (using only water will lead to dryness if your skin is delicate due to evaporation) and then use an emollient cream or whatever moisturizer which is adequate. I tried to wash with only water for a month, which did help in some respect but it never cleared me. If you have dry skin/eczema it is not enough to only use water, you need moisturizers from time to time to help heal/protect the skin.

What you have to watch out though is to not aggrevate acne with the heavy moisturizers.

Hope things get better for you :)

I suffer with dermatitis/eczema on my face from time to time. I would suggest NOT to use any steroid creams, there are better options available without the side effects.

To help the eczema:

The best thing i would say is to get a soap substitute to wash your face with (I use aqueous cream), this will help to clean your skin without leaving it dry (using only water will lead to dryness if your skin is delicate due to evaporation) and then use an emollient cream or whatever moisturizer which is adequate. I tried to wash with only water for a month, which did help in some respect but it never cleared me. If you have dry skin/eczema it is not enough to only use water, you need moisturizers from time to time to help heal/protect the skin.

What you have to watch out though is to not aggrevate acne with the heavy moisturizers.

Hope things get better for you :)

hey thanks for the advice. im using cetaphil lotion on my face. im going to try and get a hold of aqueous cream. what kind of eczema do you have? atopic or seborrheic? i have atopic dermatitis

hey thanks for the advice. im using cetaphil lotion on my face. im going to try and get a hold of aqueous cream. what kind of eczema do you have? atopic or seborrheic? i have atopic dermatitis

I have a slight case of sebborheic dermatitis which flares when i wash with soap or wash too often. lol it is a pain in the ass but it has helped me to look after my skin better :)

I have never used cetaphil since i am from the UK, but i have heard it is very gentle. You may find that cetaphil is all you need to help you (simpler the better), but if you find that cetaphil does not clean/gets rid of flakiness well enough then definitly try an emollient cream (not sure if you can get aqueous cream in the states, but any emolloient cream should work) as a face wash and then a good moisturizer afterwards and see how it goes.

What you need to do is find the what works for you, experiment but dont use anything more than a basic face wash and a moisturizer (i do not recommend any exfoliating of any kind, i have found that a thick emollient cream used as a face wash gets rid of any flakes etc very well without irritating). Man the number of times i have tried to get rid of flakes using a soap or a wash cloth etc lol i looked as though i was beaten up 24/7 for months hehe atleast no one messed with me during that time.

Good luck :)

heh i get that a lot these days. lot of my friends ask if i got beat up. have you ever tried a AHA lotion like this http://tinyurl.com/hxq57 . i used to use it about 4months ago. it really helped a lot but it does irritate at first.