Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
affliction

Question about shaving

I know that Dan says that you can use the CSR cleanser as shaving cream, but i was just curious about other products. I use a Gillette Fusion to shave. i also use the shaving cream and after shave balm on my face afterwards.

So i have two questions. is it ok if i still use the gillette shaving cream to shave? or is it better to use the CSR cleanser. Also, should i use the after shave balm or not. On the after shave balm, i know it has aloe and hydrating emolients. and i know that the gillette shaving cream has aloe and vitamin E. So should i continue with this before i start the CSR or should i do something different.

Thanks in advance. :)

Guest Sincerely_Me

I know that Dan says that you can use the CSR cleanser as shaving cream, but i was just curious about other products. I use a Gillette Fusion to shave. i also use the shaving cream and after shave balm on my face afterwards.

So i have two questions. is it ok if i still use the gillette shaving cream to shave? or is it better to use the CSR cleanser. Also, should i use the after shave balm or not. On the after shave balm, i know it has aloe and hydrating emolients. and i know that the gillette shaving cream has aloe and vitamin E. So should i continue with this before i start the CSR or should i do something different.

Thanks in advance. :)

I would think it would be okay...it's not like you are leaving shaving cream on your face the whole night or anything. Just to be safe, shave before, then cleanse your face just so you get the "crap", whatever that might be, off. As for shave balm, just to be safe, I wouldn't.

my derm gave me a huge routine on how to shave, it included shaving with a mach 3(i guess that would be similar) manual razor, and gillette sensitive skin shaving cream(he specifically stated the foamy kind, and to use about as little as needed). He told me to kinda steam my face with a damp warm rag for 45 seconds then wash with purpose, shave, but then i wash with my proactiv benzoyl proactiv wash(im not on the regimen anymore) and then apply the benzoyl peroxide proactive gel, but thats just a suggestion

I would recommend using one of the gillette NON foaming shave creams. I've been using them for about 6 months, and I have to admit, they work really well. I haven't had any irritation for a long time. And they don't clog pores. Believe me, I'd know if they did.

I have had problems with shaving. I tend to breakout after like a day or two in the jawline and the moustache area. Before I would shave i would rec. to shower first to get the hair soft and ready to be cut off. Then I used gillete fusion gel and i would use a disposable gillete razor. After being on dans regimen for a week I tried to shave and i still used the same step but I put on the neutrogena on the spot with bp... it works great... that was the answer for my breakouts after shaving.. u should give it a try bro and goodluck with it!

the best razor is the Mach 3 power and remmeber to replace the blades when you see the Yellow/White strip gone/very faded i get around 5 shaves out of 1 Mach 3 Power blade i also tried the Electric shaver once i shelled out £100+ for the newest phillshave it was and it was horrible i allways find wet shaving is best for me ill never use an electric shaver again just dont suit my skin at all

i allways find using an after balm totally fks my skin up and burns like hell but hey its upto you

i also find using any Foam fks my skin up aswell i just Dans Cleanser to shave and its 100% better for me and my skin is wayyyyyy smooth aswell and not dry but i guess its upto you and which suits your skin better

the best razor is the Mach 3 power and remmeber to replace the blades when you see the Yellow/White strip gone/very faded i get around 5 shaves out of 1 Mach 3 Power blade i also tried the Electric shaver once i shelled out £100+ for the newest phillshave it was and it was horrible i allways find wet shaving is best for me ill never use an electric shaver again just dont suit my skin at all

i allways find using an after balm totally fks my skin up and burns like hell but hey its upto you

i also find using any Foam fks my skin up aswell i just Dans Cleanser to shave and its 100% better for me and my skin is wayyyyyy smooth aswell and not dry but i guess its upto you and which suits your skin better