Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnthonyK

beginning CSR Questions

Iam about a week in and things are going decent, not great, i was on the site today and nocited i was doing quite a few thing wrong but i still have a few questions

1. WHen i started i was using 10% bp because thats all that was available to me before i got payed, it was about 4 days when i got my 2.5 and now after the first few days of using it iam starting to see that iam beginning to break out again, when upon using the 10% i was almost completely clear in the first few days of using it with no signs of anything comming to the surface, is 10% better for some people? or is it just deceiving how well it works and 2.5 after a few more days will be better for me

2. what is "irritation" and how do i spot it? It seems that it means your personal cause of break outs, like over drying skin, but iam not sure exactly how to spot "irritation" and how to prevent it

3. I know mosttriuzer is key to not over drying the skin, but i notice that in dan's check list he said you can skip the Mostirizer at night, why would you do this? and how do you know if you can?

4. Due to some stupid drug use when i was younger the nerves in my face are not as sensetive as others, i was wondering how important skin discomfort is, and when i should do something about it, i use the mostorizer but i notice their is some discomfort that might really drive some people up the wall but it me it just feels like tingling.My skin does not get red from Bp use or overly dry, infact its quite nice looking, am i doing the right thing by lettnig the tingling occur? thanks

Things i did wrong: Washing the clenser to long: dan says 10 seconds is enough in the video, i think ive been doing at least 30

Applying Bp wrong, not rubbing in long enough

The rest is fine, with some luck this 2.5 will actually work in the next few days, thanks

1. The 2.5% is as effective as the 10% with less irritation. Sometimes just changing products (whether it's your bp, cleanser, or moisturizer) is reason enough to experience irritation, even if you're going from something harsh to something milder.

2. Irritation is obvious redness, itchiness, blotchiness, dryness, and burning or tingling. All of these will subside with time. Some people take longer than others. I am in week 6 and still experiencing mild redness and dryness and tingling.

3. I would NEVER skip moisturizer at night just because my skin has been so irritated and flaky. Alot of people skip the moisturizer when they are well established on the regimen and are way past experiencing irritation and dryness from bp. Some people also use different moisturizers day and night depending on how their skin is behaving.

4. The tingling should subside with time. One thing I have noticed is that you don't see the consequences of your actions for a couple days. For example, as you ramp up the bp, the first day or two at the higher amount you might seem fine, and then like the 3rd day your skin shows signs of irritation. Also my skin did not start flaking until I was like 10 days into the regimen.

My advice is follow Dan's instructions as closely as you can. The only way you can get help/advice with the CSR is if you are FOLLOWING THE CSR. Everyone here knows the ins and outs and is willing to help and will give you suggestions based on Dan's recommendations and their own personal experience. Good luck!

1. The 2.5% is as effective as the 10% with less irritation. Sometimes just changing products (whether it's your bp, cleanser, or moisturizer) is reason enough to experience irritation, even if you're going from something harsh to something milder.

2. Irritation is obvious redness, itchiness, blotchiness, dryness, and burning or tingling. All of these will subside with time. Some people take longer than others. I am in week 6 and still experiencing mild redness and dryness and tingling.

3. I would NEVER skip moisturizer at night just because my skin has been so irritated and flaky. Alot of people skip the moisturizer when they are well established on the regimen and are way past experiencing irritation and dryness from bp. Some people also use different moisturizers day and night depending on how their skin is behaving.

4. The tingling should subside with time. One thing I have noticed is that you don't see the consequences of your actions for a couple days. For example, as you ramp up the bp, the first day or two at the higher amount you might seem fine, and then like the 3rd day your skin shows signs of irritation. Also my skin did not start flaking until I was like 10 days into the regimen.

My advice is follow Dan's instructions as closely as you can. The only way you can get help/advice with the CSR is if you are FOLLOWING THE CSR. Everyone here knows the ins and outs and is willing to help and will give you suggestions based on Dan's recommendations and their own personal experience. Good luck!

^^ true

If it is about 3 - does the moisturizer interrupts in any way BP? I didn't use moisturizer at night so far, but if BP works same with moisturizer and without then using it day and night would help me a lot to improve my skin condition.

A lot of people on the regimen will see remarkable clearing in the first few days (I bet especially so if you are using a strong BP), but then have more breakouts within the first week. This is completely normal and would have happened no matter what kind of BP you use, I suspect. You won't stop breaking out for a while, depending on how persistent your acne is and how closely you follow the regimen, but the breakouts will lessen in frequency and severity until you have been using the full amount for some time. See http://acne.org/whattoexpect.html for more information about this.

Irritation shows up as redness, rawness, tiny little red bumps that aren't really pimples, lots of flaking and dryness, stuff like that, and can feel itchy/tight/slightly painful.

Some people have really oily skin and prefer not to have moisturizer on at night, especially as some moisturizers contain SPF ingredients that are useless when you are not exposed to UV rays. I would not recommending skipping moisturizer while you are first starting, though, as the flaking/dryness will tend to get worse before it gets better, and this is the most important time to be using generous amounts of moisturizer.

A little tingling/burning is normal while you adjust to increasing amounts of BP. I think it's probably fine since you certainly don't seem to be allergic.