Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I've just had enough of my acne now. I've had spots since I was about 10 (I am now 23) and have tried everything to try and get rid of them (including Roacutane), but nothing has helped me. I have got spots all over my face, back, chest and arms and I can't stand it. I can't even wear makeup because my face is so oily that it just comes off within an hour or so. I am embarrased to say that I have never had a boyfriend because of it either and don't think that I ever will. When I was at school I used to really get bullied -people used to say that I was dirty and never washed, causing me to wash myself up to about 5 times a day in household disinfectant -anything just to get rid of them. I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't go out anywhere, because I feel that people are staring at me and I can't wear nice clothes like everyone else. Sorry for the whinging -I know everyone else on here is in the same situation, but I just want someone to talk to about it. sad.gif

Thank you for listening.

That's disappointing to hear that Accutane has not helped you out. How many times have you tried it? If you only tried it once, it might pay off to do a second course, especially in your case. I don't know why some of us break out so much while others never get a pimple or at most they outgrow it eventually. I think some of us will have to accept the fact that genetics is involved somebit-I think in my case this is true. But what I am not willing to accept is that my face will continue to look like this forever. I am tired like you of everything being the way it is and have decided that I will continue to treat my acne and scars until it stops or doesn't bother me anymore. I'm sure it's going to take years.

No, not everyone is in the same situation as you :^o

Don't use disinfectants like house cleaning products. Don't wash 5 times a day either. You sound like you're very ignorant about your "condition" =;

hey.. i'm sorry nothing has worked... but yea, you should have done your research before you used household cleaning products and what not...and over washing is not good either.. but i'm sure you know that now. why can't you wear nice clothes? there are nice clothes that cover your chest and arms, so you shouldn't let acne control how nice you dress! have you tried the regimen? well i can't say from personal experience.. but it seems to work for a lot of people, even people who still had acne after accutane.

good luck

-ashley

Why don't you try Dan's regimen? It worked for me when nothing any doctor prescribed did much of anything. I am in week 10/11 and I am clear, it really is amazing.

Why don't you try Dan's regimen? It worked for me when nothing any doctor prescribed did much of anything. I am in week 10/11 and I am clear, it really is amazing.

ditto to maral.......give Dan's regimen a try...it's inexpensive and works as well as the $300/month cleansing system/antibiotics treatment I was on......

~nancy

Guest Crooked I

Plus, trawl around this site - there's loads of people who have cleared up using various treatments. Don't give up - keep trying different things until you find something that works. And are you still visiting your doctor? Do it again so they can help you out.

I have also noticed that for a long time I refused to wear decent clothes :S Somehow I felt that I wasn't worthy of wearing them, and that it didn't matter what clothes I would have worn, simply because my face was too ugly. I'm recovering from this now, but slowly. I still find it weird to go into a clothing store and buy clothes I really like. But it gets better.

As to your situation, all I can say is to hang in there. Perhaps a visit to a different derm will help you.

Weird this worthiness thing......I also did the same thing.....let myself gain weight but refused to buy new clothes because I didn't feel I deserved it. Now, I'm denying myself a new car until I get my scars mostly fixed (god, I hope it lasts that long....as I told my girls, its older than them, lol). Its like I'm tying everything into how my scars make me feel.....but I do dress nicely now because it gives me a pick-me-up even though it may be a lil impractical as a stay-at-home mom.......

~nancy

Hi snowflakes!

Hang in there, I know it's tough but don't give up. We are here for you!!

I am also 23 years old, and my acne began when I was about 12.

Try to give your skin some gentle loving care, use mild cleansers and moisturisers. Make a new appoinment with a dermatologist to discuss various treatments, maybe another course of accutane would help you??

Sorry you are feeling so down, hope that things get better soon.

smile.gif

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for your kind replies. I will certainly try out Dan's Regimen, as I have been reading up on it and it does sound quite effective for a lot of people (probably not me though!).

Regarding the clothes, I do usually buy clothes that cover my neck, chest and arms, but here in the UK clothes like this seem to be unfashionable and so it is difficult to find a shop that sells them. I hate clothes shopping, it depresses me, cause I find loads of clothes that I like and try them on, but I look terrible. I also love Jewellery and buy loads of it, but I can never wear it because it doesn't suit me. I think that if I wear nice clothes and jewellery other people will be looking at me thinking, "who does she think she is wearing all them nice clothes, I bet she thinks she's really pretty!" -so I don't want people to be thinking that of me.

Thank you.

Oh, how well I understand!! I was so afraid to dress myself up...I will break down at that very thought! I don't want to wear all the pretty clothes and everything and go out, when some guys will look from behind and thought that I am pretty or what, then look at my face only to be disgusted. I had rather be less noticed.... and I'm so sad over it, my mom was constantly scolding me that why is it I don't dress like any other girl should, even my friends made comments about how un-girly I am.... if only they know my difficulty! I mean which girl doesn't like to make herself pretty and stuff? BUt it's all because of this acne thing that has totally ruined me...

In any case, showflakes keep on trying and hang in there!!! You know that we are all behind you!

love,

eth

With regards to what other's have said the regimen is really good be sure to really saturate your face though you can't use to much of that stuff (except when you have to use it in the morning and it gets clumpy and you have streak marks that's no good don't overuse) if you have a really horrendous situation try a variety of things, definately try topicals in conjunction with the regimen and don't miss a session because that can restart the breakout cycle (it's alot of work but i think happiness is a good thing to work for). I wish you good luck and hope you feel better