Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mj's9eleven

Mother of Pearl

Hello

I want to ask if anybody here was using cream called "mother of pearl". In my country it seems quite popular, havever I couldn't find any information about it on US or English websites even on ebay, maybe it is because it has different name in that countrys.

Well the thing is that i read many user and proffesionals reviews and they were in 90% positive. This cream is intendet specially for people with scars and red marks (including the ones after acne), but it cant be used with active acne. I know that there are probably many creams that are supposed to work the same but they don't.

Maybe I'm a stupid believer but i think that this one can really work. Unfortunetly I couldn't find any information on it in english to pass it to you.

If anyone knows anythig please tell, the results of using it are relly good, it lights up skin and makes it look brigter in few days, and red marks really do disappear. I know cause i was using it for about two weeks a year ago but i had active acne then and had to stop. Now I want to give it a try for longer period. Believe me or not even using it only for two weeks I was very satisfied.

Please comment.

The only thing I can tell u are ingredients so maybe you will discover that you know very similar cream to this with different name.

Ingredients:Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareath-3 (and) Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Glycerine, Allantoin, Polysorbate-60, Mother of Pearl Powder, EDTA, Imidazolidinylurea Lysinecarboymethyl Cisteynate, Methyl Isothiazolinone (and) Methyl Chloroisothiazolinone, Parfum, BHA (and) Tocopherol (and) Triethyl Citra

IPB Image

Regards

Marcin

ps Even if you have no idea what is that cream I'm talking about - let me know just writing it, thanks :)

I've also tried this product and it seemed to be doing a fine job at the begining. Maybe it was just an optical illusion since the pearl powder leaves your skin a little greasy and white. But after a couple of weeks it made my skin break out like crazy. I started having HUGE PIMPLES never seen before and it really scared the hell out of me because somehow I managed to treat my acne prior to its use and I didn't want to run the risk of having an episode of severe acne in my life. Even my super mild acne was strong enough to leave me scars, imagine what those huge pimples could have done.

At that time I wasn't very familiar with the product ingredients, but througout the years I've learned that most of the ingredients you just listed are a BIG NO for acne sufferers or for people with very sensitive skin. And yet MotherPearl is advertised as an acne treatments as well. Maybe the pear powder itself has some bleaching properties, but in order to make the product available for easy use,freshness,etc,etc., they have to add other ingredients and those ingredients are not good for your skin.

I think my cream came under the name of "Crema Concha Nacar" or something like that. And it didn't work for me at all. I only have bad memories of this product.

I've also tried this product and it seemed to be doing a fine job at the begining. Maybe it was just an optical illusion since the pearl powder leaves your skin a little greasy and white. But after a couple of weeks it made my skin break out like crazy. I started having HUGE PIMPLES never seen before and it really scared the hell out of me because somehow I managed to treat my acne prior to its use and I didn't want to run the risk of having an episode of severe acne in my life. Even my super mild acne was strong enough to leave me scars, imagine what those huge pimples could have done.

At that time I wasn't very familiar with the product ingredients, but througout the years I've learned that most of the ingredients you just listed are a BIG NO for acne sufferers or for people with very sensitive skin. And yet MotherPearl is advertised as an acne treatments as well. Maybe the pear powder itself has some bleaching properties, but in order to make the product available for easy use,freshness,etc,etc., they have to add other ingredients and those ingredients are not good for your skin.

I think my cream came under the name of "Crema Concha Nacar" or something like that. And it didn't work for me at all. I only have bad memories of this product.

It may be true what you're saying cause I've often seen comment not to use it while still having active acne, however while being on CSR it may prevent the cream causing the brakeout, don't you think?

Truely it may couse also whitening illusion however once red marks wanish they're gone for good.

Don't really know if i should use it now, i would like to see it's effect again but I'm afraid of brakeout that may occure.

Truely it may couse also whitening illusion however once red marks wanish they're gone for good.

Don't really know if i should use it now, i would like to see it's effect again but I'm afraid of brakeout that may occure.

It's some sort of enigma. We are here because we have redmarks and

It's some sort of enigma. We are here because we have redmarks and our red marks were caused by acne in the first place. So in most cases this is what happens:

Acne -->Redmarks. Mother pearl------>used to improve redmarks but triggers Acne. Acne----->Red Marks

So what's to treat first??? Acne or Red marks?? It reminds me of the chicken and egg enigma.

You got the point, stupid vicious circle. Well i think that acne is far worse then red marks so it's not worth risking breakout to get rid of red marks, besides there are other ways.....