Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Antiperspirants are the choice for controlling wetness, since the most common active ingredients, aluminum compounds, block the pores to inhibit the release of sweat

Lately ive gotten mad at the csr it helped alot but it dried out my face too bad. SO i decided to try sumthin new. I use the certain dri roll on to keep me from sweating at night. I tried it on my face 2 weeks ago and i use it every night on my entire face. THen 15 min later apply moisturizer just like the csr except i use certain dri instead of benzoyl peroxide. THis is just my experience but the certain dri has really helped me i have no active or previous pimples present anymore. I got rid of them I had a few when i was on csr. So it worked so comment plz.

I also use certain dry for sweating, I have had acne for 2 years now and I haven't been able to get rid of it yet. I have really oily skin so I decided that I'd try you're certain dry trick. If it keeps me from sweating, it should keep my glands from creaing too much oil. At first it made my skin feel really tight and dry, and it was red and irritated ( I forgot that I shaved this morning). It went away within an hour. I'm going to try it again tomorow, without shaving first.

Wow that's an ingenious way of treating acne.

The people on these boards come up with a lot of stuff, I can never cease to admire the creativity of you guys.

It's incredible to what measures people will go to get rid of acne.

Keep us posted man, hope it works.

thank you for your post. I feel certain dri could be the real thing for once. Dont get me wrong benzoyl peroxide is great. BUt certain dri in my opinion has grown much above the effectiveness of it.

HI nloo , I like your idea on the certain dri. It makes alot of sense. I'm going to go buy some tonight and try it. Ill keep you posted on my results

I have used it in the summer for excessive sweating and it itches like CRAZY after I put it on. I don't think I'd try it on my face. :think:

Guest Sincerely_Me

Oh geeze. Very creative, can't say I'll give it a try though, lol...but wow, like I said, very creative.

Hey, I'm just checking in, I've been using a mild cleanser and certain dri for three days now. I wait until after my face is dry to put the certain dri on, and I haven't had any more problems. I feel like my acne is becoming less of a problem, i used to get at least two or three pimples every day, since Ive been using the certain dri ive had no new pimples and a few of my old ones are disappearing. i finally am feeling that my face can be controlled.

Yes, you can find certain dri at either walgreens or walmart, it comes in a white box. You can find it in the deordorant section. If you cannot find it just ask someone at the store to help you. Keep me posted

Just a few quick questions:

1) Does applying the antiperspirant on the face reduce or eliminate oily shine throughout the day?

2) Do you apply the antiperspirant just in the mornings or both in the mornings and the evenings?

3) Has anyone experienced any breakouts due to comedogenic ingredients in the antiperspirant?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hey um 1. applying the antiperspirant eliminates oil through out the entire day.

2. I apply it in the morning and at nights. You could do it once a day and then go up to 2 times a day after you get use to it.

3. I have never experienced any breakouts from it. Its not one of those products that induces a breakout.

So far my progress is improving. I have had no new pimples since I've started using the certain dri. Nloo do you have a moisturizer you would recommend using with this? Thanks

doesnt it say clearly on the box or tube thing not ot use it anywere else but ur armpits cus i use taht stuff to and i was going to use it on my face and then i read somthing that ur not supposd to use it on ur face

I have this stuff and tried it last night. It seems to make my face feel clearer now....but I'm not going to do it anymore. I once had a really bad rash under my arms from this stuff.....I literally had like huge scabbing burns because this stuff when used for too long burns deep. I don't want to wake up one morning looking like I was in a fire...

The only warning is to keep away from your eyes and open cuts. and you prolly applied too much under ur armpits. It works on your face. Just keep it away from the eyes and mouth. You shouldnt worry about waking up with problems on your face as long as you dont apply the hole bottle the night before haha. Just apply carefully thats all.

Sampson i use the ultra calming by aveeno in the day time 20 min after i apply certain dri. It is soothing and doesnt make me breakout. It seems to work pretty well.

keep us updated on this...sounds promising...

but isn't sebum production different from sweat production? i'm no science major

yes, there both excess, excess sweat which clogs pores and makes existing pimples worst and also causes new ones to form in most people. Sebum is 'oil' they both make existin pimples worst and cause new ones to form. Its not about the science of pimples forming. Its just that it is product that keeps me clear and i really dont care what others say as long as it helps haha.

certain dri has been working well so far my face looks clearer im still only using it once a day at night, im going up to 2 times a day tomarrow. I would like to know what cleansers are good to use with this though? can anyone help