Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started using .1% retin-A regularly over the summer, and i've been using it sporadically since a year and a half ago. Is it normal that I can pile on the medication and my face will NEVER dry out or peel?

When i first started using it a year and a half ago it was very aggravating to my skin, but I eventually got used to it. However I would only use it a couple nights per week, sometimes not using it for weeks at a time. Now I use it every night and I even pile some on certain spots and the spots just don't peel! (I'm hoping they peel so my red marks fade) After I pile it on certain spots I spot treat them even more by leaving a sulfur mask on overnight, EVERY NIGHT and still they are not a bit dry. I also use a normal amount of duac in the morning.

I don't even use a moisturizer. my skin has been very oily since I started regularly using these creams over the summer.

maybe using too much retin-a causes my skin to overproduce oil? Come to think of it, a couple weeks after i started using the creams regularly, my skin started breaking out a bit more.

maybe i've just been having an "initial breakout" since mid-June?

any thoughts????????

Christina