Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ihatespots

Hospital waiting lists

Guest ihatespots

in february my gp referred me to a derm for accutane,and i was told 2-3months waiting list.then in july still no letter,we phoned and were told 8-9months in total,bringing the date of appointment to october/november.so today i was feeling annoyed and wanted to ring and double check my appointment was made for october at the latest.theyve now told me there is an additional 6month waiting list bringin the date for my appointment to april/may.and overall waiting,for ONE dermatologist appointment 14-15months. :confused::confused: is this normal?

in february my gp referred me to a derm for accutane,and i was told 2-3months waiting list.then in july still no letter,we phoned and were told 8-9months in total,bringing the date of appointment to october/november.so today i was feeling annoyed and wanted to ring and double check my appointment was made for october at the latest.theyve now told me there is an additional 6month waiting list bringin the date for my appointment to april/may.and overall waiting,for ONE dermatologist appointment 14-15months. :confused::confused: is this normal?

no. try a different derm. or call and see if there were any cancellations.

What country? Do you belong to an HMO?

I'm lucky that I have the option with my insurance to pay a deductible and a co-pay. It allows me to see who ever I want, without a referal from a primary care physician. When I first called my derm, I got to see him within a week.

Guest ihatespots

im in the uk.whats an HMO?

we're currently looking into how much it would cost to go private.because another 7-8months waiting for a single appointment isnt gonna work,ive waited so long and now theyre telling me to wait even longer :(:(:(:(:(

we're currently looking into how much it would cost to go private.because another 7-8months waiting for a single appointment isnt gonna work,ive waited so long and now theyre telling me to wait even longer :(:(:(:(:(

They are in the US. "An HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) is a health plan that is also involved in how your health care is delivered. Managed care refers to health plans coordinating your health care with you and the providers that participate in the health plan. HMOs are the most common type of managed care."

They are supposedly a pain in the rear, so I thought you might be on one...but the UK has a completely different health care system.

Yeah my appt got put back 3 months, if its ur first one you do have to wait ages :comfort:

Guest ihatespots

god bless private healthcare is all i can say.phoned this morning,my appointment is in 2weeks :D:D now alls i gotta do is make sure i get accutane :think:

Guest ihatespots

How much was ur private consultation??

about £100

How much was ur private consultation??

about £100

If that is a euro its around 127 Us dollars

~ fawwal your friendly currency calculator