Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leverage

how long does it take for a pimple/zit to form???

i've heard two weeks, anyone with evidence/info on this???

the reason being, if you do something and notice a breakout a day or two later, could it not be correlated to that and just be what was actually forming from two weeks ago???

Damn good question... I been wondering the same thing myself. Is it that some type of acne can form overnight and other types can take weeks? I have also heard that acne takes weeks to form, so how is it that people can tell what kind of food - consumed hours before - that makes their acne worse? :-k

breakouts are possibly caused by certain foods. Many of us may have acne under are skin that has not been inflated yet. It is nothing but a clogged pore waiting to be cleaned. Certain foods can irritate them more by changing hormone levels to produce more sebum and in turn clogging the pore even more to the point where it is above the skin trying to release the toxins through your pores. Foods could possibly be, but are not proven, able to give clogged pores the extra push they need to become irritated and inflated.

breakouts are possibly caused by certain foods. Many of us may have acne under are skin that has not been inflated yet. It is nothing but a clogged pore waiting to be cleaned. Certain foods can irritate them more by changing hormone levels to produce more sebum and in turn clogging the pore even more to the point where it is above the skin trying to release the toxins through your pores. Foods could possibly be, but are not proven, able to give clogged pores the extra push they need to become irritated and inflated.

Hi Ty...

It is not all myth, some medical findings have in fact suggested a connection between acne and diet.

This quote is from "Pantothenic Acid in the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris 'A Medical Hypothesis'"

by Lit-Hung Leung, M.D.

"In this paper, I would like to approach this problem from a different perspective. My clinical observations suggest that acne vulgaris may be closely related to the consumption of diets, which are rich in fat content. This impression is by no means novel. Textbooks do briefly mention this correlation though, more often than not, it is dismissed as irrelevant. However, my observations have led to quite the contrary conclusions. Not only is the fat content of food closely related to acne vulgaris but it forms some sort of linear relationship with the disease process. The more fat the patient consumes, the more severe will be the acne process. This observation is in line with the opinion of many dermatologists that chocolate, which is composed mainly of the creamy part of milk, and has a high degree of fat content, is bad for acne."

This interesting article can be viewed in its full length at http://www.b5foracne.vze.com/ (under "research")

Guest Crooked I

Ive heard before on this site that it can take up to a month for spots to form and break out. Although when i started shaving a few years ago, i would very often break out the next day. I don't know however if these formed overnight, or if i just speeded the progress of existing ones.

it would be nice to know! i started the "acne cure" a week ago and broke out bad after a few days. i look at it either being really good or really bad as nothing has really made me get worse before better before. i am hopeing and praying it is my pores being flushed and cleaned out and not just getting clogged up (which i don't see how would be possible with salyclic and glycolic).

I have heard 2-4 weeks for acne to form. Thats maybe why the first 2 weeks of the regimen dosent work, and thats why never stop it, even if you only see a little clearing. What you are doing now could help you be more clear in 2 weeks. I have found this very true with my face.

My 2c.

My mistake Einstein. Spicy foods do change hormone levels. When your body changes its' body temperature real fast, it also changes hormone levels. You fuckin faggit im just trying to help so stop being such a smart ass.

Hmm, diet aside, what about acne that is caused by picking and infection? About 10 days ago the left side of my face was clear (red marks had also faded fairly well) but then I stupidly thought it would be safe to pick at something I thought I saw. Within 10 minutes, there was a small red, itchy lump next to that area. 24 hours later it was a raging cyst and there were 2 more on the same side though not nearby.

This is sooo frustrating because now the right side of my face is now clear! I've definitely learned my lesson this time.

Certain foods can irritate them more by changing hormone levels to produce more sebum.

What the fuck are you talking about? Where you go off sayin that food changes your hormone levels. WTF? lol you idiot, food don't change your hormone levels. Don't go around sayin this bullshit and filling people's heads with lies. Yes all that shit about sebum and oil clogging pores is right, but to begin with food doesn't cause hormone shifts.