Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
//Chris

Cysts only on or around nose why?!?

Is there any reason why that, when I do get cysts, they are only on my nose or just beside it. It is really annoying as this is a prominent part of the face.

I have one right now, slap bang in the cente of the tip of my nose, and I was extremely embarresed in School today. Also I get ones at the sides of my nose etc etc it's like I'm one of those drunks who have them. My nose goes really red aswell. My nose seems to have a lot of blackhead aswell deep in the skin.

What can I do to help all this? I'm going on Accutane in 4 weeks, but until then is there anything I can do? I have took 400mg of Ibuprofen and tried the hot-cold compress thing.

Thanks guys.

that sucks dude. I used to get alot of pimples in my nose all the time in Middle school and the early part of HS. I used to look like rudolph the red nose deer or whatever. Try not to pop them or do something bad or else you might end up with alot of scarring like I had, I mean my nose wasnt smooth and it was bumpy. If this happens later on in your life you would have to do laser resurfacing like I did. Well anyways good luck why dont you go the shot route?

ive used lasers for my nose and im brown . At first the doctor was not going to let me use it but then decided to do it since Im not darkskinned more like olive skin I guess. Gets darker in the sun though. Anyways I have had luck with them. It's just something to think about that acne leaves bad scarring.

what color are you? For me its worked great so far, I still have like 1 or 2 treatments and ill be good. It's alot better than it was, now the only way you see the little bumps and stuff that are left is if you really pay attention to my nose from close. Before you could easily tell. Im hispanic but it hasnt had any negative effect on my skin tone and stuff.

The one in the centre of my nose seems to have nothing inside it - it's like an air bubble, but my nose is still really red. Is there anything I can do to it now?

nah, the doctors and people at first were worried about the same thing about me and asked a bunch of questions. It was decided it would be fine for me, so I have done it 2 times already for my nose.

At the least get a second opinion or something.

:evil: I know what you both feel like man. During my middle school years to early HS years I used to get pimples all the time in my nose, big ones too(not cysts from what I have read about them). It left bad scarring on my nose, real bad to where I had raised bumps , couple with my big pores in my nose it looked bad. Like I said before I have gotten 2 treatments with laser resurfacing from the place I go too. It has worked wonders on my nose, I mean the notice is very noticable to the point the only time I notice them is if I pay close attention to my nose while looking closely at my mirror. This is a big improvement to where it was before, so im happy :D . Killing time I dont know where are you going cause I pay 179 for each session, mind you though I ONLY do my nose. After 1 more ill be fine, maybe 2 if I really want to get it looking good. Next time I get the treatment ill ask the doctor what's the name of the laser he uses and what setting(he used a lower setting the first time I did it but went higher the second time, I was even bleeding a little bit after the second one the day of the treatment). The only way to treat this scarring is with lasers or just cutting the extra shit. I had tried everything but no topical will lower those bumps man.

cutting it out didn't work for me will look into laser though.

wo123 how long did it take to heal with laser? did it look better right away or did it take awhile to heal? thanks

Well the day of the treatment your nose is all swollen up and red. Second day better but still swollen. By the third or fourth day you should start peeling and noticing the results. Usually it only took me like 4 days to stop peeling and for it to heal. The laser the doc uses like burns off the extra crap, its kinda gross cause I could smell it burning while getting the treatment. Like I said before my nose looks better, im hoping by my 3rd or fourth one ill be good enough. Like I said ill ask my doctor next time what laser and setting he uses. Unfortunately I wont have this 3rd treatment for a couple of months since right now im not too worried about my nose as I was before.

cutting it out didn't work for me will look into laser though.

wo123 how long did it take to heal with laser? did it look better right away or did it take awhile to heal? thanks

Well the day of the treatment your nose is all swollen up and red. Second day better but still swollen. By the third or fourth day you should start peeling and noticing the results. Usually it only took me like 4 days to stop peeling and for it to heal. The laser the doc uses like burns off the extra crap, its kinda gross cause I could smell it burning while getting the treatment. Like I said before my nose looks better, im hoping by my 3rd or fourth one ill be good enough. Like I said ill ask my doctor next time what laser and setting he uses. Unfortunately I wont have this 3rd treatment for a couple of months since right now im not too worried about my nose as I was before.

hi wo123,

what were the bumps on your nose like? mine are soft when i press on them and seem to disappear when i stretch the skin on my nose. do you know if lasers can help?

hm I guess mine were are soft. They were almost like "part" of my nose, I know its vague but thats the best way to describe them. They were like extra skin, kinda like a mosquito bite. I have no idea how I got them, the doctor said scarring from my old Middle school and hs days when I used to get acne all the time in my nose. I usually popped the shit out of them which didnt help either.

man i kno how u guyz feel, i hv had cysts on my nose for yrs now since i was in high school, now i graduated, and all the pimples i had were on my nose and my fds keep calling me rudolf the raindeer. i hv 4 lumpy scar on my nose still, 2 right in the center of my nose, 1 on the lower right center and one on the right side, the doc said i must hv laser surgery to get them burnt off but its too expensive for me...sigh im so sad, been depressed for yrs becoz of these nose acne, they are killing me, i hv no self confidence and i tend to not talk to ppl cuz i dun want ppl to look at me nose... :(

Damn, I had a really bad cyst once on my nose and I've had this raised reddish bump in the middle of my nose ever since. It's been there for maybe 6 months. Any way I can get rid of it other than serious stuff like surgery?

srry bro but ur 6 month old reddish bump acne aint ever going away if u dun go laser surgury so dun even bother with any other stuff

eh, anything you got to back that up?

Actually, it goes away immediately when I bump up my tetracycline dosage. I was on 500mg but I just went to 750 a day this week and it's already gotten much better. I just want to get rid of it for good without depending on antibiotics.

Only around the nose may indicate that these are staph infections, not true acne lesions. Staph is a bacteria that thrives inside the nasal cavaties but that can cause infections of the skin. It's easy to accidentally transfer staph to the skin by touching the nose and failing to wash the hands - lots of people do this subconsciously.

Something you could try would be - do not touch your nose directly. If it itches or something, use a tissue, not your fingers. If you have to touch it, wash your hands immediately afterwards. You can try swabbing the entrance to your nostrils with a little neosporin for a week and see if that helps.

man i kno how u guyz feel, i hv had cysts on my nose for yrs now since i was in high school, now i graduated, and all the pimples i had were on my nose and my fds keep calling me rudolf the raindeer. i hv 4 lumpy scar on my nose still, 2 right in the center of my nose, 1 on the lower right center and one on the right side, the doc said i must hv laser surgery to get them burnt off but its too expensive for me...sigh im so sad, been depressed for yrs becoz of these nose acne, they are killing me, i hv no self confidence and i tend to not talk to ppl cuz i dun want ppl to look at me nose... :(

narut007! I know exactly how you feel, I've got lumps all over my nose and two massive holes at the top, I used to just hate the way I look and was desperate for laser surgery, but my docs told me not to get it until my skin cleared up completely (think i might be in for a long wait - 27 already and still little improvement!). I just learned to kind of embrace them as part of me - weird I know, but it really helped. I don't even think about them that much any more. I have my off days when I feel like I can't even go out, but other days I can just go to the supermarket without any makeup on and not care. If people judge you for the way your nose looks, should you really give a f*ck about them? Keep smiling honey. xXx :D

Strange enough my cysts got back at the same places every single time. There were 4 or 5 spots where they appeared every time.

- Left of my nose

- Right of my nose

- Left of my eye (nosebridge?)

- My forehead

- On my nose

I don't know why it happens. I want to know it actually...

One of the cysts left to my eye was cut open by the doctor. I never should have done that, but he insisted. Now there's a scar of a cut there. It's not so nice.

Just keep hanging in there. They will eventually go away