Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asianguy

Might be goin back on accutane.....

It's only been a month after I stopped taking accutane and I am already seeing the oil come back, and still get little break out on my chin(where I am most vulnable to break out). It really sucks but im hopin my doctor will put me on a small course with a low dosage...im so sad right now.

Your doc might put you on antibiotics....like they did with me 3 years ago

After I got off accutane...just like you, things started to come back slowly, so my doc put me on Minocycline....after being on antibiotics for 3 years, I just went back on accutane....

My suggestion...force your doc to put you back on accutane...I wish I would have

That's disappointing to hear your acne come back so quickly after Accutane. My acne started to come back not that quickly-it was more like 6 months after I stopped, which just happens to be how long they tell you to wait before getting any scar treatments. I might have to go back on Accutane too if the current antibiotic I'm taking-Septra-doesn't work. This is going to be a nightmare all over again.

plateaukid - since I know what to expect from accutane, I find that this time around it is not nearly as bad cuz I am prepared for it mentally. It still is not a whole lot of fun though.....